Lorenz and Polizoakis in 2017
|Born||5 September 1995|
|Height||1.56 m (5 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Former partner||Yevhen Kholoniuk|
|Coach||Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali, Oleg Epstein, Martin Skotnický|
|Former coach||Igor Shpilband|
|Choreographer||Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali|
|Former choreographer||Igor Shpilband|
|Skating club||EC Oberstdorf|
|Training locations||Novi, Michigan|
|Retired||10 May 2018|
|ISU personal best scores|
2016 CS Ondrej Nepela Memorial
2016 CS Golden Spin
Kavita Lorenz (born 5 September 1995) is a German competitive ice dancer. With her skating partner, Joti Polizoakis, she is a three-time German national champion (2016–2018) and has competed in the final segment at four ISU Championships.
Lorenz was born on 5 September 1995 in Berlin.
Lorenz began learning to skate in 2000. As a single skater, she was coached by Michael Huth in Oberstdorf. She placed 9th at the 2010 German Junior Championships and 11th at the 2011 German Championships.
Partnership with Polizoakis
Making their international debut, Lorenz/Polizoakis finished fourth at the 2015 Nebelhorn Trophy, a Challenger Series (CS) event. They placed fifth at the 2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy (CS), first at the 2015 Open d'Andorra, and fifth at the 2015 Warsaw Cup (CS). In December, they won the German national title ahead of Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck and were selected to represent Germany at the 2016 European Championships in Bratislava, Slovakia. At Europeans in January, Lorenz/Polizoakis placed 13th in the short dance to qualify for the free, where they ranked 15th, resulting in a final placement of 14th at their first ISU Championship. In March, they qualified for the final segment at the 2016 World Championships in Boston by placing 18th in the short dance and went on to finish 17th overall. They ended their partnership in April 2016, but announced in June that they would continue skating together.
|Season||Short dance||Free dance|
|GP Skate Canada||8th|
|CS Golden Spin||4th||9th|
|CS Nebelhorn Trophy||4th||5th||3rd|
|CS Nepela Memorial||5th||5th|
|CS Tallinn Trophy||5th|
|CS Warsaw Cup||5th|
|Volvo Open Cup||2nd|
|TBD = Assigned; WD = Withdrew|
|German Championships||9th J||11th|
|J = Junior level|
- Polizoakis, Joti (10 May 2018). "Kavita has decided to end her competitive career. I wish her the best in pursuing her new chapter in life".
- "Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS: 2016/2017". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 30 May 2017.
- Bőd, Titanilla (11 January 2017). "Kavita Lorenz and Joti Polizoakis: "We are happy to show another side of us"". Absolute Skating.
- "Competition Results: Kavita LORENZ". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 6 February 2016.
- "Competition Results: Kavita LORENZ / Evgeni KHOLONIUK". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 6 February 2016.
- "Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS: 2015/2016". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 27 May 2016.
- "Eistänzer Lorenz/Polizoakis trennen sich" [Ice danciers Lorenz/Polizoakis split up]. Deutsche Presse-Agentur (in German). rp-online.de. 18 April 2016. Archived from the original on 19 April 2016.
- "Eistanz-Meister Lorenz/Polizoakis machen weiter" [Ice dance champions Lorenz/Polizoakis continue]. Sport-Informations-Dienst (in German). Die Zeit. 9 June 2016. Archived from the original on 12 January 2017.
- "Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS: 2017/2018". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 25 October 2017.
- "Competition Results: Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS". International Skating Union.
Media related to Kavita Lorenz at Wikimedia Commons