|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Elevation||1,220 m (4,000 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kawaala is bordered by Nabweru to the north, Kazo to the northeast, Makerere to the east, Naakulabye to the south, Kasubi to the southwest, and Namungoona to the west. This is approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi), by road, north of Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of Kawaala are 0°20'24.0"N, 32°33'00.0"E (Latitude:0.3400; Longitude:32.5500).
Kawaala is predominantly a low-income residential neighborhood, with an occasional middle-class residence among the low income shacks. The Kampala Northern Bypass Highway passes through Kawaala. Some of the points of interest in the neighborhood include the following:
- Good Times Infant School - A private K-P7, mixed day school.
- Trinity Family Nursery and Primary School - A private Nursery-P7, mixed day school.
- Kawaala Health Center III - A health facility, owned and operated by Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA).
- Glory of Christ Church - A place of worship affiliated with the Pentecostal Movement
- "Map Showing Kampala And Kawaala With Distance Indicator". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Google. "Location of Kawaala at Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Mulumba, Abu-Baker (27 May 2014). "Ssenyonga Thrills Kawaala". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 16 June 2014.