Cover of the first volume of Hensuki, featuring the character Yuika Koga
(Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasuka?)
|Genre||Harem, romantic comedy|
|Written by||Tomo Hanama|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Imprint||MF Bunko J|
|Original run||January 25, 2017 – present|
|Written by||Tomo Hanama|
|Published by||Fujimi Shobo|
|Magazine||Monthly Dragon Age|
|Original run||November 9, 2017 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Itsuki Imazaki|
|Written by||Kenichi Yamashita|
|Music by||Youichi Sakai|
|Original network||AT-X, Tokyo MX, MBS, BS11|
|Original run||July 8, 2019 – September 23, 2019|
Hensuki, short for Hensuki: Are You Willing to Fall in Love with a Pervert, as Long as She's a Cutie? (Japanese: 可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？, Hepburn: Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasuka?), is a Japanese romantic comedy light novel series written by Tomo Hanama and illustrated by sune. The series follows Keiki Kiryū, a high school student who seeks the identity of the sender of an unnamed love letter attached to an underwear, which consequently leads him to discover the special hidden peculiarities of the girls in his life.
Hensuki began publication by Media Factory under their MF Bunko J imprint, with the first volume released on January 25, 2017. A total of ten volumes have published as of April 2020. A manga adaptation with illustration by CHuN has been serialized via Fujimi Shobo's shōnen manga magazine Monthly Dragon Age since November 2017. It has been collected in five tankōbon volumes as of April 2020. A drama CD was released on May 25, 2018. A 12-episode anime television series adaptation by Geek Toys aired from July 8 to September 23, 2019. The series is licensed in North America by Funimation, and in Australia and New Zealand by Madman Entertainment.
Hensuki revolves around Keiki Kiryū, an ordinary high school student who finds an anonymous love letter addressed to him. What makes things even more interesting is that, attached to the letter, there's a pair of panties. To determine the identity of his secret admirer, referred to as "Cinderella", Keiki proceeds to investigate several possible candidates, including: his senior and president of the calligraphy club Sayuki Tokihara; his underclassman and assistant librarian Yuika Koga; and his classmate and close friend Mao Nanjō. However, as Keiki seeks to uncover who this mysterious girl might be, he discovers that every girl he suspects is singularly perverted and desperately interested in getting him to participate in their perversion.
- Keiki Kiryū (桐生 慧輝, Kiryū Keiki)
- Voiced by: Kōhei Amasaki (Drama CD), Hiro Shimono (TV anime) (Japanese); Clifford Chapin (English)
- Keiki is a second-year high school student, library helper and member of the calligraphy club. After cleaning up the club room he found a love letter left for him along with a pair of panties, and is now trying to track down the "Cinderella" who left these items for him.
- Sayuki Tokihara (朱鷺原 紗雪, Tokihara Sayuki)
- Voiced by: Ayaka Imamura (Drama CD), Ayana Taketatsu (TV anime) (Japanese); Mallorie Rodak (English)
- Sayuki is a third-year student and president of the calligraphy club. She is a hardcore masochist who longs to be Keiki's "pet". She repeatedly uses hidden cameras to gain material with which to blackmail him into satisfying her fetish. She's known about Yuika's fetish from the first time they met and immediately became fierce rivals, constantly fighting for his attention. She is called "Witch" by Yuika.
- Yuika Koga (古賀 唯花, Koga Yuika)
- Voiced by: Ari Ozawa (Drama CD), Rina Hidaka (TV anime) (Japanese); Madeleine Morris (English)
- Yuika is a first-year student and assistant librarian with Keiki. She is one-quarter Caucasian, has blonde hair and blue eyes, and is initially shy and stand-offish, but warms up to Keiki's persistent attempts to get to know her. She's secretly a sadist who wishes to make Keiki her slave. She found out about Sayuki's fetish the first time they met and has been fighting to "protect" Keiki from the "Witch's" clutches.
- Mao Nanjō (南條 真緒, Nanjō Mao)
- Voiced by: Satsumi Matsuda (Drama CD), Iori Nomizu (TV anime) (Japanese); Kristen McGuire (English)
- Keiki's classmate and dear friend. She frequently hangs out with him and Shoma. She's secretly a fujoshi who constantly fantasizes about Keiki and Shoma in homoerotic situations, which she writes and illustrates in a published series. She begs Keiki to become an actual couple with Shoma to help fuel her fantasies and aid her in her work.
- Mizuha Kiryū (桐生 瑞葉, Kiryū Mizuha)
- Voiced by: Yūki Kuwahara (Drama CD), Kaede Hondo (TV anime) (Japanese); Emily Neves (English)
- Keiki's younger sister, who is very close to her brother and frequently "flirts" with him as Keiki puts it, ranging from pampering him and seeking to have him pamper her to sneaking into bed with him claiming suspicion he'd finally awaken as a siscon. It is later revealed that she is the "Cinderella" who left the love letter and her panties for Keiki, and that she was adopted after the death of her parents and thus non-blood related. In fifth grade, she once forgot to bring panties to change into after swim class and had to spend the entire day that way, which she found liberating. Afterwards, Mizuha developed an exhibitionist tendency, often going to school without panties and secretly taking strip tease selfies in order to experience this feeling of liberation. This habit is also the reason why her panties were left behind with her love letter.
- Shōma Akiyama (秋山 翔馬, Akiyama Shōma)
- Voiced by: Atsushi Tamaru (Drama CD), Keisuke Koumoto (TV anime) (Japanese); Jordan Dash Cruz (English)
- Keiki's best friend. Though popular he's a confirmed lolicon. He regularly acts as a confidant for Keiki, helping him to figure out who the "Cinderella" may have been.
- Koharu Ōtori (鳳 小春, Ōtori Koharu)
- Voiced by: Ayaka Ōhashi (Japanese); Kate Bristol (English)
- Koharu is a third-year from the Astronomy club. She's a stalker who engages in constant voyeurism. She is extremely tiny, resembling a small child. She's in love with Keiki's lolicon friend Shoma, but worries that despite her "loli" appearance he'd still refuse to date her on account of her being older than him. She thus uses secretly-taken photos to try and blackmail Keiki into helping her.
- Ayano Fujimoto (藤本 彩乃, Fujimoto Ayano)
- Voiced by: Anzu Haruno (Japanese); Emi Lo (English)
- Ayano is a second-year student, and vice-president of the student council. She engages in olfactophilia, and though she does sniff around the boy's locker room, she became especially attracted to Keiki's smell and frequently ask for his underwear.
- Shiho Takasaki (鷹崎 志帆, Takasaki Shiho)
- Shiho is a third-year student, and the president of the student council. Since Keiki frequently helped the student councils, they became acquainted. She enjoys playing video games. When the Caligraphy club misused club funding, she used her power to make Keiki a temporary student council member as one of the condition to forgive the club's debt. She expressed interest in Keiki specific due to his popularity with girls, as she has a strong netorare fetish, and gets excited for seeing the love of her life being stolen (or poached in the case of Keiki).
- Airi Nagase (長瀬 愛梨, Nagase Airi)
- Airi is a first-year student and the treasurer of the student council. Because of a traumatic experience in her past, which turned in fear, Airi is very cold towards men. She is said to be a tsundere because of her difference in treatment between men and women. It is revealed later that she likes and writes yuri novels, which often make Keiki wonder if she is homosexual.
- Rin Mitani (三谷 凛, Mitani Rin)
- Rin, nicknamed Rintaro (凛太郎, Rintarō), is a first-year student and the secretary of the student council. Although Rin usually looks like a boy, he cross-dresses as a girl when working with the student council.
- Professor Okita (沖田先生, Okita-sensei)
- Voiced by: Suzuko Mimori (Japanese); Cassie Ewulu (English)
- Okita is a teacher at Momosawa High School and the calligraphy club advisor.
- Yūhi Akiyama (秋山 優妃, Akiyama Yūhi) and Asahi Akiyama (秋山 あさひ, Akiyama Asahi)
- Yūhi and Asahi are Shōma's older twin sisters.
- Megumi Onizuka (鬼塚 恵, Onizuka Megumi)
- Megumi is a second-year student and candidate for the next president of the student council. After losing the election to Ayano, Megumi becomes vice-president instead.
- Naoya Inui (乾 直也, Inui Naoya)
- Naoya is a third-year student and childhood friend of Megumi.
- Mifuyu Tokihara (朱鷺原 美冬, Tokihara Mifuyu)
- Mifuyu is the mother of Sayuki Tokihara. She is not only aware of Sayuki's masochist fetish, but also seems to be just as pervert as she is, having the habit of peeking under girls' skirts and picking up their panties to collect.
Hensuki: Are You Willing to Fall in Love with a Pervert, as Long as She's a Cutie? is written by Tomo Hanama and illustrated by sune. Media Factory published the first volume on January 25, 2017 under their MF Bunko J imprint. Ten volumes have published as of April 25, 2020.
|1||January 25, 2017||978-4-04-069008-7|
|2||May 25, 2017||978-4-04-069279-1|
|3||September 25, 2017||978-4-04-069457-3|
|4||January 25, 2018||978-4-04-069672-0|
|5||March 25, 2018||978-4-04-069915-8|
|6||October 25, 2018||978-4-04-065236-8|
|7||February 25, 2019||978-4-04-065528-4|
|8||July 25, 2019||978-4-04-065855-1 |
ISBN 978-4-04-065856-8 (SP)
|9||December 25, 2019||978-4-04-064185-0|
|10||April 25, 2020||978-4-04-064586-5|
|1||May 25, 2018||978-4-04-072707-3|
|2||November 9, 2018||978-4-04-072949-7|
|3||July 25, 2019||978-4-04-073258-9|
|4||October 9, 2019||978-4-04-073362-3|
|5||April 25, 2020||978-4-04-073612-9|
A drama CD for Hensuki, produced by Mosaic.wav and Yksb and published by Seaside Communications, was released on May 25, 2018, featuring the same voice cast from the anime, along with character songs.
An anime television series adaptation was announced on February 20, 2019. The series was animated by Geek Toys and directed by Itsuki Imazaki, with Kenichi Yamashita handling series composition, and Yōsuke Itō designing the characters. Youichi Sakai composed the series' music. Seven was credited for animation production assistance. The series aired from July 8 to September 23, 2019 on AT-X, Tokyo MX, MBS, and BS11. The series ran for 12 episodes. Ayaka Ōhashi performed the series' opening theme song "Daisuki" (ダイスキ。), which was also used as the ending theme for episode 12. Mia Regina performed the series' ending theme song "Mubyū no Hana" (無謬の花). "Sutera" (ステラ), which is performed by TRUE, was used as the ending theme for episode 7. A short anime spin-off titled Hensuki▽ ran after episodes of the main anime on AT-X. The shorts were directed and written by Itsuki Imazaki.
The seventh volume of the light novel has estimated the sales of over 8,792 copies, being one of top-selling light novels in Japan from February 18 to March 11, 2019.
- "Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasuka? Light Novel Series Gets TV Anime". Anime News Network. February 20, 2019. Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- Funimation [@FUNimation] (June 15, 2019). "SUMMER SEASON ANNOUNCEMENT 😘 This cute fanservice comedy is kind of a Cinderella story... but with panties?! "Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie?" is coming subbed and dubbed to FunimationNow" (Tweet). Retrieved June 28, 2019 – via Twitter.
- "Hensuki English Cast". Funimation. Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- "Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasuka? Anime's Video Reveals More Cast, Staff, Summer Premiere". Anime News Network. March 24, 2019. Retrieved March 24, 2019.
- "Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasuka? Anime's Video Reveals More Cast, Staff, Theme Song". Anime News Network. April 28, 2019. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "Hensuki Anime Casts Suzuki Mimori, Gets Short Anime Spinoff". Anime News Network. June 27, 2019. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？". MF Bunko J. Retrieved May 10, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？ ２". MF Bunko J. Retrieved May 10, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？ ３". MF Bunko J. Retrieved May 10, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？ ４". MF Bunko J. Retrieved May 10, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？ ５". MF Bunko J. Retrieved May 10, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？ ６". MF Bunko J. Retrieved May 10, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？ ７". MF Bunko J. Retrieved May 10, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？ ８". MF Bunko J. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？ ８ クリアスタンドフィギュア付き特装版". MF Bunko J. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？ ９". MF Bunko J. Retrieved December 19, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？ 10". MF Bunko J. Retrieved December 19, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか? 1". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved May 9, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか? 2". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved May 9, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか? 3". Kadokawa Corporation (in Japanese). Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか? 4". Kadokawa Corporation (in Japanese). Retrieved November 30, 2019.
- "可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか？ 5". Kadokawa Corporation (in Japanese). Retrieved April 25, 2020.
- "Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka? Drama CD". VGMdb. December 7, 2019. Retrieved June 6, 2020.
- "Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasuka? Anime's Video Reveals July 8 Premiere". Anime News Network. June 10, 2019. Retrieved June 10, 2019.
- "Hensuki Anime Listed With 12 Episodes". Anime News Network. June 28, 2019. Retrieved June 28, 2019.
- "STORY" (in Japanese). Retrieved September 4, 2019.
- Loo, Egan (March 26, 2019). "Top-Selling Light Novels in Japan: February 2019". Anime News Network. Retrieved July 4, 2020.