Kawakado Station entrance in September 2009
|Location||289-2 Shimogawara, Moroyama-machi, Iruma-gun, Saitama-ken 350-0435
|Operated by||Tobu Railway|
|Line(s)||Tobu Ogose Line|
|Distance||5.6 km from Sakado|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||16 December 1934|
|Passengers (FY2015)||15,094 daily|
Kawakado Station is served by the Tobu Ogose Line, a 10.9 km single-track branchline running from Sakado to Ogose, and is situated 5.6 km from Sakado. During the daytime, the station is served by four trains per hour in each direction.
The station consists of two side platforms serving two tracks forming a passing loop on the single-track line. The station entrance is located on the northern (Sakado-bound) side of the station. Lifts were added in 2009.
|1||■ Tobu Ogose Line||for Ogose|
|2||■ Tobu Ogose Line||for Sakado|
|Tobu Ogose Line|
The station opened on 16 December 1934, initially as an unstaffed station. It became a staffed station on 17 May 1965. A second platform and passing loop was added in August 1987.
Platform edge sensors and TV monitors were installed in 2008 ahead of the start of driver-only operation on the Ogose Line from June 2008.
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on the Tobu Ogose Line, with Kawakado Station becoming "TJ-43".
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 15,094 passengers daily.
The station is close to the campuses of three universities: Josai University, Meikai University (Sakado Campus), and Nihon Institute of Medical Science. The large number of students using the line makes this station the busiest on the Ogose Line second only to Sakado Station. The station is also close to the Saitama Heisei Junior and Senior High Schools.
Kawakado Station is served by the "Moro Bus" community minibus (Yuzu Yellow Line) service operated by the town of Moro, and also by the "Sakacchi Bus" (Ōya Line) and "Sakacchi Wagon" (Nissai Line) community minibus services operated by the city of Sakado.
- "Kawakado Station information" (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 200. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- Tobu Tojo Line Timetable, published March 2013
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information (Passenger statistics)] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2015. Archived from the original on 2 September 2015. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Your Tōbu" February 2009 issue, No. 290
- もろバス時刻表 ゆず号 [Moro Bus Timetable - Yuzu] (pdf) (in Japanese). Japan: Moroyama. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- さかっちバス・さかっちワゴン時刻表 [Sakacchi Bus & Sakacchi Wagon Timetable] (pdf) (in Japanese). Japan: City of Sakado. 1 November 2013. p. 2. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kawakado Station.|
- Tobu station information (Japanese)