From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Location of Kawane in Shizuoka Prefecture
|Merged||April 1, 2008
(now part of Shimada)
|• Total||120.48 km2 (46.52 sq mi)|
|Population (July 2005)|
|• Density||51.76/km2 (134.1/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|Website||City of Shimada|
There are a number of surrounding municipalities, including:
- Aoi-ku, Shizuoka city
- Tenryū-ku, Hamamatsu
- Kawanehon, Haibara District
- Mori, Shuchi District
- April 1, 1889 - "Shimokawane Village" founded from the merger of three pre-Meiji villages.
- January 1, 1955 - Merged part of Ikumi Village in Shida District.
- February 26, 1955 - Merged Sasama Village in Shida District.
- April 1, 1955 - Shimokawane Village was reclassified as Kawane Town.
- April 1, 2008 - Kawane Town was merged into Shimada City.
Media related to Kawane, Shizuoka at Wikimedia Commons
- Shimada official website (Japanese)
|This Shizuoka Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|