|Established||2071 BS (2015 AD)|
|• Type||Local Government|
|• Mayor||Chandra Kumari Pun (NCP)|
|• Deputy Mayor||Prem Shankar Mardhaniya Tharu (NCP)|
|• Total||114 km2 (44 sq mi)|
|Elevation||180 m (590 ft)|
|• Density||550/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|source website of office|
|• Local||Nepali, Gurung, Magar, Tharu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:45 (NST)|
|Area code(s)||+977 078|
Kawasoti (कावासोती) is a municipality in Nawalpur District, Gandaki province, Nepal. It is 31 km (20 miles) west of Bharatpur and 85 km (53 mi) east of Butwal, approximately on the middle of Mahendra Highway. The Naryani River flows south of it, and the Mahabharat Range is north of it.
Kawasoti serves as administrative headquarter for Nawalpur district, locating all major government and administrative offices. With rapid increase in population and development of infrastructures, this city is quickly emerging into a business, educational and health hub on the center of the East-West Highway.
It is one of the beautiful city of Nawalpur district and is located at heart of the country. It is also known as a greenery city where 60% of land is occupied by the forests where people can get the fresh air and the bacteria-free water which is important stuff for the human beings.
Nowadays Kawasoti VDC is better known by its new identity, i.e. Kawasoti municipality. People from various castes and religions coexists in this city with majority of them Hindu and some Buddhists and other religions Christians, Muslims. More than 15 private and government schools and 3 colleges (Lumbini, Madhyabindu and Kumarwarti) provide the education from kindergarten to the master's degree level, which are attended by students as far as 30-km far from the city. City also serves with many local hospitals and pharmacies for health facilities of residents. Kaligandaki and Nawalpur are the two well serving hospitals of this Municipality. It has got well paved road networks, strong telecommunication, well managed drinking water and drainage system and major sources for shopping and entertainment. In Kawasoti, police,as well as traffic police have been doing their extraordinary job all over the district Nawalpur.
People have been constantly migrating to this city from neighbouring hilly regions and districts for last 30–40 years which was otherwise largely occupied by dense forests that lead to Chitwan National Park directly towards south of this city.
- 1 Population 
- 2 Water Supply and Sanitation
- 3 Education
- 4 Health
- 5 Borders
- 6 Major Places
- 7 Media
- 8 References
The Kawasoti Municipality was established in 2071 by combining the VDCs Kawasoti, Shivmandir, Agyauli, Pithauli.
According to the Website of the Kawasoti Municipality, The population of the Kawasoti Municipality is 62,421.
Total Household: 14,104
Total Land: 114 square Kilometer
Total Wards: 17
Engineering (Consultant) Service (KAWASHOTI ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY PVT. LTD.)
Kawashoti Engineering Consultancy Pvt. Ltd. is one of the oldest engineering consultancy run by a dynamic team of energetic professionals and engineers. The Company is subjected to provide services in the field of civil engineering. Company offers Property Valuation, Architectural 2D and 3D Drawings, Structural Design and Drawing of Building, Estimating & Costing, Site Inspection and Supervision, Surveying, Road Pavement Design and Soil Test along with other various Consultant services. Company is majorly serving in Kawasoti Municipality along with Devchuli Municipality and Madhyabindu Municipality.
Location:-Kawasoti-02, Nawalpur (Municipality Road-In front of Kawasoti Khane Pani office Main Gate)
There exists Kawasoti water supply system constructed under small town that serves the town. There are two sources one is spring and another is stream which is providing water to the small town. There is well type intake in Kerunga khola.
Solid waste management and toilet is the burning issues of this town. A Report prepared on Kawasoti/Shiv mandir Water Supply and Sanitation Project states 69.19% of the population has access to some kind of toilet. Among which about 25% of HH have pit latrines, 13.19% have pit toilets with slab and 30.81% have water sealed latrines. Also 0.1% has modern toilets constructed in their households. However, some places show the deteriorated condition, mainly due to open defecation and mismanagement of waste disposal. Solid waste has been managed to certain extent. SSODECC-Nepal, a local NGO, is working on solid waste management. Generally there is door to collection and disposed off to a dumping site.
Kawasoti has become a well-educated place and has got different educational offers. There are many government as well as private schools, colleges and institutes giving their great contributions in educational sector of whole district Nawalpur. In 2072, HSEB Science Examination District First and Second have got their local campus Madhyabindu Multiple Campus. It's our proud moment. Lumbini Aawasiya Madhyamik Vidhyalaya is the only school in the town who is undertaking the training of National Cadet Corps under the supervision of Nepal Army. More importantly Lumbini Aawasiya Madhyamik Vidhyalaya is also having students exchange at international level. Shree Shiva Higher Secondary School is top school of Kawasoti as well as it lies in top 10 school in Nepal and named as model school of Nepal.
- Shree Shiva Higher Secondary School, Shivamandir
- Lumbini Aawasiya Madhyamik Vidhyalaya, Kawasoti
- Shree Jeevan Jyoti Secondary school,Kawastoi bazzar
- Shree Gyanodaya Secondary School, Kawasoti
- Noble Academy, Shaikshik Chowk
- Gandaki Boarding School, Kawasoti
- Samata School, Kawasoti
- Siddhartha Boarding Secondary School, Kawasoti
- Nawalpur Academy, Danda, Shahidnagar
- Janavikash Vidhyashram Lower Secondary School, Shivamandir
- Shree Shanti Nikunga Higher Secondary School, Pithauli
- Shree Janata Higher Secondary School, Magarkot
- Shanti Niketan Boarding School, Taruwa
- shree Saraswati primary school, Tegari
- Sungava Montessori School, Kawasoti
- Shree Janta Secondary School, Tribuwantar
- Wise Vision Secondary School, Taruwa, Laukhani Road
- Shree Kalika Secondary School, Laxminagar
- Saint joseph boarding school, Kawasoti
- Shree Singhnath Primary School, Barouli
- Dipendra school, Agyauli
- Shree Saraswati Jana Jagriti Primary School, Shandh
- Shree Saraswati Higher Secondary School, Hasaura
- Saint Paul Secondary English School, Gochhada
- Shree Saraswati Secondary School, Gochhada
Higher Level Educational Centers
- Lumbini Adarsha Degree College, Kawasoti
- Madhyabindu Multiple Campus, Kawasoti (A QAA Certified Institution)
- Kumarwarti Multiple Campus, Kawasoti
- Aerosol Computer Institute
- Osewa Japanese Language Institute
- Agyauli Community Library and Resource Center
- Nist Computer Institute
- Standard Institute of Technology (SITE)
Hospitals and Clinics
- Sudikshya Ayurved
- Nawalpur Hospital Pvt. Ltd.
- Madhya Bindu Community Hospital
- Integrated Hospital Pvt. Ltd.
- Ghale Eyes Hospital Pvt. Ltd.
- Nawa Jeewan Hospital Pvt. Ltd.
- Madhya Bindu Eye Care Center
- Kalika Dental Care
- Namuna medical and pathology
- Kumari Hospital, Hasoura
- Chormara primary Health centre
- Kaligandaki Community Hospital
Governmental Health posts: 4 (for every existing VDC, there is one health post)
- East: Devachuli Municipality and Chitwan National Park
- West: Madhyabindu Municipality
- North: Hupsekot Rural Municipality
- South: Chitwan National Park and Narayani River
- Kawasoti Bazar
- Thana Chowk
- Lumbini Chowk
- Indra Chowk
- Sabhapati Chowk
- Purano Kawasoti Bazar
- Danda Bazar
- Saraswati Chowk, Hasoura
- Thakali Chowk
- Hasaura pulchock
To promote local culture, Kawasoti has four FM radio stations and three local TV channels.
- Radio Madhyabindu F.M. – 101 MHz
- Radio Nawalpur – 104.7 MHz
- Radio Samarthya – 92.1 MHz
- Radio Kawasoti – 102.0 MHz
Local TV Channels
- "संक्षिप्त परिचय: कावासोती नगरपालिकाको कार्यालय". www.kawasotimun.gov.np. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "District Forest Office Nawalparasi". District Forest Office Nawalparasi. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "Welcome to Chitwan National Park". Chitwan National Park. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "संक्षिप्त परिचय|कावासोती नगरपालिका". www.kawasotimun.gov.np (in Nepali). Kawasoti Municipality. Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- National Population and Housing Census 2011 (Village Development Committee/Municipality) (PDF). Central Bureau of Statistics, Nepal. 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Kawasoti_Draft_WATSAN_Plan" (PDF). Kawasoti Municipality. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "Kawasoti_Draft_WATSAN_Plan" (PDF). Kawasoti Municipality. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "Madhyabindu Multiple Campus". Madhyabindu Multiple Campus. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "List of Colleges which are awarded with QAA certificate by UGC, Nepal". Edusanjal. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Radio Madhyabindu FM 101MHz". Radio Madhyabindu FM. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "Nawalpur FM 104.7 MHz". Nawalpur FM. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "Radio Samarthya". Radio Samartya 92.1 MHz. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "Devchuli News". devchulinews.com. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "Mukundasen Television". Mukundasen Television. Retrieved 19 January 2017.