||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kayako is a software development company. The company develops a cloud-based customer service platform and customer support software.
Kayako was established in 2001 by Varun Shoor, who formed the company and its first office in Jalandhar, Punjab after dropping out of college. Shoor learned to program when he was 13 years old, and started work on Kayako at the age of 17.
To date, Kayako has not received any funding from external investors and is profitable.
In July 2013, Viber's online Kayako help desk was defaced by the Syrian Electronic Army. However, according to Kayako and Viber, this was related to a compromise of an individual's account password, and not a security vulnerability in the Kayako application itself.
- Comparison of ticket-tracking systems
- Comparison of help desk issue tracking software
- Customer relationship management
- IT service management (ITSM)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Brandon, John (2012-02-01). "The new help desk: Agile, educational, efficient". ComputerWorld. Retrieved 2014-08-29.
- Abra, Peerzada (2014-05-23). "Why entrepreneurs in India are bootstrapping their startups". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2014-08-29.
- Mitra, Sramana (2014-01-02). "Bootstrapped Journey of a Child Entrepreneur in India: Varun Shoor, CEO of Kayako (Part 2)". One Million by One Million. Retrieved 2014-08-29.
- C, Rajagopalan (2012-10-03). "Jalandhar School Kid drops University builds a Global Software Product Company". ProductNation.in. Retrieved 2014-08-29.
- Sims, David (2009-09-06). "Kayako Offers Free Software to Non-Profits". TMCnet. Retrieved 2014-08-29.
- "Free help desk software". Retrieved 2014-08-29.
- Khan, Taslima (2014-06-22). "On Their Own Feet: Why some entrepreneurs delay or even turn down VC funding for their start-ups". Business Today. Retrieved 2014-08-29.
- Goodin, Dan (2013-07-23). "Viber's online help desk sacked by pro-Syrian hackers". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2014-04-07.
- Burke, Elaine (2013-07-23). "Syrian Electronic Army hacks Viber following phishing attack". Silicon Republic. Retrieved 2014-04-07.
- Abrar, Peerzada. "Mass exodus: Tech startups may shift overseas as young ventures face regulatory hurdles in India". The Economic Times. The Economic Times. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Contact Kayako". Retrieved 2015-01-26.
|This software company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|