Kayden Kross in 2015
September 15, 1985 |
Sacramento, California, United States
|Other names||Jenna Nikol, Jenna Nickol, Kayden Cross|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||115 lb (52 kg)|
|Partner(s)||Manuel Ferrara (2013–2014)|
|No. of adult films||144 as actress, 2 as director (per IAFD)|
Adult film career
Kross was born and raised in Sacramento, California. She grew up in the foothills between Sacramento and Placerville. She is of mostly Swedish ancestry. She has described herself as "the book nerd" during her time as a high school student. Kross began stripping at Rick's Showgirls in Rancho Cordova, California when she was eighteen years old to earn extra money to rescue a pony from a slaughter house, which she kept for eight months. She was later contacted by an agent, whose business relationship provided Kross with the opportunity of modeling in adult magazines.
Kross was a senior at California State University, Sacramento when she signed an exclusive performing contract with Vivid Video in November 2006. Her movies with Vivid included Kayden's First Time, Hard Time, and Be Here Now. Unhappy with the company, she became a free agent one year later when she did not renew her contract. She signed an exclusive contract with Adam & Eve after one month of being a free agent. She was named Penthouse Pet of the Month for September 2008. Kross' official website, ClubKayden.com, was launched on September 2, 2008. Kross has hosted a blog at UnKrossed.com, and has written regular updates and opinion columns for MikeSouth.com, an adult industry gossip blog, among other sites.
Kross became exclusive to Digital Playground under a multi-year contract on January 1, 2010. Her first movie with the company, The Smiths, topped sales charts immediately and has continued to be a best seller. She was given the lead in their big budget feature, Body Heat, in her third month in contract. She won two Best Actress Awards for the role.[clarification needed]
Kross hosted the 2010 AVN Awards show, along with porn actress Kirsten Price and comedian Dave Attell. She was Penthouse magazine's "Cover Girl" for September 2008 and 2010. She won multiple titles in 2010, including Pichunter "Babe of the Month for September" and TLA Raw "Best Body Overall 2010". Kross starred in the 2010 AVN Best Feature The 8th Day and portrayed the role of Elin Nordegren, wife of Tiger Woods, in Adam & Eve Pictures' film Tyler's Wood.
In January 2011, she was named by CNBC as one of the twelve most popular stars in porn. CNBC noted her consecutive AVN nominations for Performer of the Year. In 2012, she hosted the Xbiz awards for the second time, and appeared in the ceremony alongside Wicked Pictures/Wicked.com contract star, Jessica Drake, and on the AVN red carpet with co-hosts Jesse Jane and guitarist Dave Navarro.
Appearances in other media
Kross has been featured regularly on G4 as a host, a reality TV guest star, and as a guest on Attack of the Show and played a recurring role as Delilah in season two of Cinemax's Life on Top. She has also made appearances in the FX's comedy series ‘’The League’’, the G4 reality series ‘’The Block’’, and Family Jewels. In 2011 she was cast as Tara in Gregory Hatanaka's drama The Obsession In 2011, Kross briefly co-hosted a regular videocast, Kayden's Review, for Triggla TV alongside the comedian Dane Hanson. Starting from January 2013 Kross hosts the weekly call-in show Krossfire on Playboy Radio. In 2013, Kross also appeared in the featurette "Chicks 'N Guns" on the Breaking Bad 5th season DVD as a stripper. The scene takes place during the season 5 episode "Gliding Over All." She also made her mainstream debut in a starring role in the feature film Blue Dream. In 2014 she appeared in the movie The Hungover Games.
Kross writes columns regularly for publications such as Complex magazine, XBIZ magazine, and a blog for xcritic.com. She has also contributed to Timothy McSweeney's Internet Tendency, and her short story "Plank" appeared in the 2012 short story collection Forty Stories: New Writing from Harper Perennial, an e-book. As of August 2012, she was writing an autobiographical book about the porn industry.
Adult industry activism
In 2008, she was among those testifying against a proposed tax in California on all producers and distributors of adult entertainment. In February 2012, she and conservative pundit Wendy Murphy appeared on Stossel, with host John Stossel, to discuss legislation in California that would require that condoms be used during the production of adult movies.
In October 2008, Kross was charged with grand theft and violations of the California Civil Code, involving contracts for purchases of home equity mortgages, allegedly conning a disabled veteran and his family. In July 2009, the grand-theft charge was dismissed, and the real-estate-fraud charge was reduced to a misdemeanor; Kross pleaded no contest to the resulting charges and was sentenced to one day in custody and three years of probation. She blamed her involvement in the situation on her naïvete and being scammed by the broker and mortgage lender.
Kayden Kross is engaged to fellow porn star Manuel Ferrara, and the couple have one daughter, born January 23, 2014. She retired in 2013 after Ferrara asked her not to perform with other men.
|2007||Adultcon||Top 20 Adult Actresses||N/A|
|2009||Hot d'Or Award||Best American Starlet||N/A|
|2010||Venus Award||Best Actress International||N/A|
|Erotixxx Award||Best U.S. Actress||N/A|
|Nightmoves Award||Best Female Performer (Fan's Choice)||N/A|
|2011||AVN Award||Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene||Body Heat|
|Wildest Sex Scene (Fan Award)|
|XBIZ Award||Acting Performance of the Year (Female)|
|2012||AVN Award||Hottest Sex Scene (Fan Award)||Babysitters 2|
|2013||XBIZ Award||Best Scene - All-Girl||Mothers & Daughters|
|2014||Best Scene - Feature Movie||Code of Honor|
|2015||Director of the Year - Non-Feature Release||Misha Cross Wide Open (with Manuel Ferrara)|
|Best Scene - All-Girl||Misha Cross Wide Open (with Misha Cross)|
- Kayden Kross at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Christina (May 21, 2008). "Interview with Kayden Kross". AIPdaily.com. Retrieved July 31, 2008.
- ABC News (2014-11-13). "My Fiancé Is a Porn Star and I’m Okay With It". ABC News. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Inside Kayden Kross". Sacramento News & Review. May 22, 2008. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- Cindi Loftus (March–April 2008). "Kayden Kross". Xcitement magazine. Retrieved August 9, 2008.
- Cody Kitaura "From bookworm to hot hornet" at the Wayback Machine (archived September 13, 2008), State Hornet, StateHornet.com (November 29, 2006). Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- Wade Garrett (December 18, 2007). "Adam & Eve Signs Kayden Kross". AVN. Retrieved July 31, 2008.
- "Kayden Kross MySpace profile". July 31, 2008. Retrieved July 31, 2008.
- David Sullivan (April 14, 2008). "Kayden Kross Blogs for MikeSouth.com". AVN. Retrieved July 31, 2008.
- "Kayden Kross' Digital Playground Debut, 'The Smiths,' Climbs the Charts". AVN. May 27, 2010. Retrieved May 27, 2010.
- Dan Miller (December 23, 2009). "Dave Attell to Co-Host AVN Awards". AVN. Retrieved December 24, 2009.
- Penthouse Magazine September 2010. Penthousemagazine.com (September 3, 2010). Retrieved on January 29, 2012.
- September 2010 Babe of the Month Kayden Kross. Pichunter Blog (September 7, 2010). Retrieved on January 29, 2012.
- AVN – TLA Raw Announces Winners of Awesome Assets Awards. Business.avn.com (December 3, 2010). Retrieved on January 29, 2012.
- Hammer and Bacon (December 21, 2009). "Kayden Kross on the Gentlemen's Club Podcast". The Gentlemen's Club With Hammer and Bacon. Retrieved December 24, 2009.
- Morris, Chris, "The Dirty Dozen: Porn's most popular stars" ''CNBC'' (January 5, 2011). CNBC.com. Retrieved on January 29, 2012.
- "Host of G4's AEE Special, Kayden Kross Pictures Photo Gallery". G4tv.com (February 10, 2011). Retrieved on January 29, 2012.
- About the show at the Wayback Machine (archived December 24, 2010). cinemax.com
- David Sullivan (March 18, 2008). "Kayden Kross Featured on 'Family Jewels'". AVN. Retrieved July 31, 2008.
- "The Obsession (2012)". IMDb.com
- Digital Playground's Kayden Kross joins Triggla TV (July 26, 2011) Retrieved on February 21, 2013.
- "– Kayden’s Review". Trigg.la. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- Kayden's Review on Triggla TV. Retrieved on February 21, 2013.
- "Adult Who's Who: Kayden Kross", AVN Magazine, Vol. 29/No. 2, Issue 362, February 2013, p.32.
- My Spot: Kayden Kross Loves Urth Caffe in L.A.. complex.com (December 14, 2010)
- Kayden Kross Writes Blog the Inspires New XBiz Feature Column. AIPdaily.com (November 4, 2010). Retrieved on January 29, 2012.
- Nazaryan, Alexander (August 20, 2012), "From porn to publishing: The Kross-cultural journey", New York Daily News, retrieved August 27, 2012
- Steinhauer, Jennifer (May 28, 2008). "California Lawmaker Proposes Tax on Sex Industry". New York Times. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
- Editor (17 February 2012). "Editor's Picks: Policing the Porn Business" (Video file). FOX Business. FOX News Network, LLC. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- "Kayden Kross Charged in Mortgage Scam". AVN. September 17, 2008. Retrieved September 17, 2008.
- Kayden Kross Faces Felony Charges In Mortgage Scam | Genesis Online: The Latest Porn Gossip. Genesis Online (September 18, 2008). Retrieved on January 29, 2012.
- Tod Hunter (July 2, 2009). "Kayden Kross Pleads No Contest in Real Estate Case". XBiz. Retrieved July 5, 2009.
- AVN – Kayden Kross, Victim of Mortgage Scam, Pleads 'No Contest'. Business.avn.com (July 6, 2009). Retrieved on January 29, 2012.
- Kros, Kayden (September 7, 2014). "For Kayden Kross, the Family Business Happens to Be Porn". New York Times. Retrieved September 7, 2014.
- "Kayden Kross interview". TheHairPin. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- February 7, 2014 (2009-06-18). "10 Reasons Kayden Kross Is the Hottest and Smartest Porn Star in the Room". Nerve.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Adultcon Names Top 20 Adult Actresses Honor Roll". XBiz. December 27, 2007. Retrieved January 1, 2008.
- Paul Fishbein (October 21, 2009). "Pirates II, Evil Angel Big Winners at 2009 Hot d’Or Awards". AVN. Retrieved October 21, 2009.
- "Hot d’Or archives presse x, articles sur les Hot d’or". Hot-dor.fr. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- Venus 2010 Award Winners. venus-berlin.com[dead link]
- "EROTIX Award 2010 - the winners | eroFame 2014". Erofame.eu. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- Steve Javors (October 13, 2010). "NightMoves Announces 2010 Awards Winners". Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards". AVN.com. January 9, 2011. Retrieved January 9, 2011.
- "2011 XBIZ Awards Announced Last Night". AVN.com. February 10, 2011. Retrieved February 11, 2011.
- "AVN Announces the 2012 AVN Award Winners". AVN. Retrieved April 15, 2012.
- "2013 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". XBIZ. January 11, 2013. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- Dan Miller (2014-01-24). "2014 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Dan Miller (2015-01-16). "2015 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kayden Kross.|
- Official website
- Official blog
- Kayden Kross at the Internet Movie Database
- Kayden Kross at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Kayden Kross at the Adult Film Database
- Kayden Kross interview at Reddit