|Born||Katherine Grace Abad[fn 1]
May 17, 1982
Easton, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Agent||Star Magic (1993–present)|
|Relatives||Sarah Jane Abad (sister)|
Katherine Grace "Kaye" Abad[fn 1] (born May 17, 1982), is a Filipino-American actress. She is the sister of former child star Sarah Jane Abad-Contreras, who is now engaged to Filipino actor Paul Jake Castillo.
Kaye Abad started in Philippine showbiz as part of the children's show Ang TV. She also starred in numerous teen-oriented films and TV series, notably paired with John Lloyd Cruz. The tandem of Cruz and Abad is best remembered in the television series Tabing Ilog which ran from 1999–2003.
In 2009, Abad returned to television via Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Bud Brothers. She took over the role originally intended for Roxanne Guinoo, who was supposed to play the lead role opposite Guji Lorenzana.
Lorenzana and Abad were given the lead roles in the third installment of the Precious Hearts Romances series. Abad played a supporting role in Angelito: Batang Ama and its sequel Angelito: Ang Bagong Yugto on its weekday afternoon program.
Abad previously dated her Tabing Ilog co-star John Lloyd Cruz, today they remain close friends. Abad was in a relationship with Parokya ni Edgar frontman Chito Miranda from the early 2000s until their breakup in 2009. She was in a 3-year relationship with Guji Lorenzana, together they played a couple in two seasons of Precious Hearts Romances Presents.
|1995||Kaybol: Ang Bagong TV||Kat-Kat|
|1995-2006||ASAP||Herself / Host / Performer|
|1997-1999||Mula Sa Puso||Glenda Corpuz|
|1997||!Oka Tokat||Elena||Episode: "Telekinesis"|
|1998||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Ning-Ning||Episode: "Aklat"|||
|1998-1999||Sa Sandaling Kailangan Mo Ako||Eloisa|
|1999-2003||Tabing Ilog||Epifania 'Eds' delos Santos-Mercado|||
|2000||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Tin-tin||Episode: "Burger Joint"|
|2001||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Nanette||Episode: "Banyo"|
|2002||Sa Dulo Ng Walang Hanggan||Sophia Bustamante Ilagan|
|2002||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Bernadette||Episode: "Suman At Ketchup"|
|2003||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Carol Banawa||Episode: "Mikropono"|
|2003||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Roxanne||Episode: "Pawikan"|
|2003-2004||Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas||Shane Diwata|
|2004||Tara Tena: Steps to the Heart||Marla|
|2004||Wansapanataym||Monique||Episode: "Mic ni Monique"|
|2005||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Ilang||Episode: "Bestida"|
|2007||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Patty||Episode: "Blue Rose"|
|2007||Super Inggo 1.5: Ang Bagong Bangis||Cynthia|
|2009||May Bukas Pa||Minerva|
|2009||Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Bud Brothers||Peppermint ‘Pepper’ Duque|||
|2009||Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Somewhere In My Heart||Euphemia ‘Femi’ Dalisay|||
|2010||Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Alyna||Lilet Cenarosa-Del Carmen|
|2011||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Imelda||Episode: "Tindahan"|
|2011-2012||Angelito: Batang Ama||Jenny Ambrosio|
|2012||Lorenzo's Time||Young Mildred|
|2012||Angelito: Ang Bagong Yugto||Jenny Amborsio|
|2013||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Leni Gerona-Robredo||Episode: " Tsinelas"|
|2013-2014||Annaliza||Stella Celerez-Querubin / Stella Celerez-Benedicto|||
|2014||Banana Split: Extra Scoop||Herself||Guest, 1 episode|||
|2014||Home Sweetie Home||Melchora||Guest, 1 episode|||
|2014||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Liezel Go||Episode: "Wedding Gown"|
|2014-2015||Two Wives||Yvonne Aguiluz-Guevarra/ Yvonne Aguiluz-Medrano|||
|2015||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Rea||Episode: "Hat"|
|1996||Ang TV: The Movie|
|1997||Flames: The Movie||Jenny|||
|1999||Oo Na, Mahal Na Kung Mahal||Miles|||
|2002||Batas Ng Lansangan||Marissa|
|2002||Kung Ikaw Ay Isang Panaginip||Peachy|
|2003||Ang Tanging Ina||Jenny|
|2010||My Amnesia Girl||Cameo appearance|
|2010||Ang Tanging Ina Mo (Last na 'To!)||Jenny|||
Awards and nominations
|1998||Maalaala Mo Kaya: "Aklat"||Asian Television Award 1998||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|2014||Annaliza||Yahoo! Celebrity Awards||Female Kontrabida of the Year||Nominated|
|2015||Maalaala Mo Kaya: "Hat"||PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Single Performance by an Actress||Nominated|||
- Kaye Abad was born in the United States. Thus, she does not possess her mother's maiden name which is Cosme.
- Quintos, Napoleon (June 16, 2009). "Kaye Abad returns to TV in 'Precious Hearts Romances presents Bud Brothers'". Showbuzz Feature. ABS-CBN.com. Archived from the original on 2009-06-19. Retrieved October 18, 2010.
- Quintos, Napoleon (October 7, 2009). "Kaye Abad is very happy to be back on TV". Showbuzz Feature. ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved October 18, 2010.
- Smith, Chuck (16 August 2013). "Kaye Abad 'Confident' She Has No Sex Video with Chito Miranda". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Angelica Panganiban faces John Lloyd's ex Kaye Abad". Star Cinema. 16 October 2014. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Kaye Admits Breaking Hearts of Ex-boyfriends". ABS-CBN News. 30 May 2016. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Why Kaye Abad Broke Up with Guji Lorenzana". ABS-CBN News. 18 March 2014. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- Serato, Arniel C. (18 March 2014). "Guji Lorenzana Confirms Breakup with Kaye Abad". GMA News Online. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Kaye Abad, Paul Jake Castillo Confirm Relationship". ABS-CBN News. 27 May 2014. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- Jimenez, Joyce (18 May 2016). "Kaye Abad, Paul Jake Castillo Engaged". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- Abunda, Boy (19 July 2001). "Kaye Abad: True-blue Child of Show Business". The Philippines Star. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- Abunda, Boy (11 October 2014). "Kaye Miss na Miss Na si John LLoyd". Showbiz News Now Na!. Pilipino Star Ngayon. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- Balbuena, Vanessa A. (27 December 2010). "Ai Ai delas Alas: "Ang Tanging Ina" On and Off Screen". The Freeman. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Nominees for the 29th Star Awards for TV bared; Kapuso Alden Richards Competes Against Six Kapamilya Stars for Best Drama Actor". PEP. 8 November 2015. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
|This article about an actor or actress in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|