||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Kayne Simeon McLaggon|
|Date of birth||21 September 1990|
|Place of birth||Barry, Wales|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Barry Town United|
|2009||→ Eastbourne Borough (loan)||3||(1)|
|2011||→ Tonbridge Angels (loan)||10||(2)|
|2017–||Barry Town United||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:07, 16 August 2017 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 11:59, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
McLaggon was born in Barry and went to Barry Comprehensive School from where he joined the Southampton Academy. He came up through the ranks of the Saints youth system, signing professional forms in September 2007 on his 17th birthday.
He was given the number 42 shirt ahead of Southampton's Championship fixture on 26 December 2008 at Home Park against Plymouth Argyle and made his first team debut as a second half substitute, replacing Lee Holmes after 58 minutes. He then starred on his home debut on 28 December, coming off the bench against Reading and setting up Saints' opening goal with a pacy run out of midfield, before supplying David McGoldrick, who finished well past Adam Federici in the Reading goal.
On 6 September 2012, McLaggon signed for Weston-super-Mare. He scored his first goal for the club on 6 November 2012 in a 4–3 loss to Frome Town in the Somerset Premier Cup. On 26 March 2013, McLaggon scored his first hattrick for the club in a 3–1 win, away to Sutton United.
On 14 October 2013, McLaggon signed for Merthyr Town. He made his debut for Merthyr against Slough Town on the 19 October 2013 and scored his first goal from the penalty spot. On the 29 April 2014, he scored two goals as Merthyr beat Swindon Supermarine 5-2 to reach the Southern League Division 1 South and West Play-Off Final.
Barry Town United
McLaggon has won nine Welsh under–17 caps (with two goals) and six at under–19 level.
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 3 September 2009.
- "Kayne turns pro". Southampton F.C. 21 September 2007. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Plymouth 2–0 Saints". Southampton F.C. 27 December 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Saints 1–1 Reading". Southampton F.C. 28 December 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Norwich 2–2 Southampton". BBC Sport. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Eastbourne loan Saints youngster". BBC Sport. 11 November 2009. Retrieved 11 November 2009.
- "Whites confirm five new signings". Salisbury Journal. 4 August 2010. Archived from the original on 30 September 2011. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "McLaggon Joins Rovers". Bristol Rovers FC. 11 July 2011. Archived from the original on 13 July 2011. Retrieved 12 July 2011.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Kayne Mclaggon signs for hometown club - News - Barry Town United AFC". www.pitchero.com.
- Kayne McLaggon at Soccerbase