This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
2 March 1981 |
|Education||Bachelor's in Fine Art and Art History from Belmont University|
|Cooking style||Cake Sculpting|
Kaysie Lackey (born Brentwood, Tennessee, USA) is a food artist and cake decorating instructor based in Seattle, Washington. As owner of The People's Cake in Seattle, WA, she has been featured in wedding and cake magazines, including "Brides", Martha Stewart Weddings", Modern Wedding Cakes, Seattle Bride, "Seattle Metropolitan Bride and Groom" and American Cake Decorating. In 2015 Kaysie was also profiled in The Wall Street Journal's "What's In Her Bag?". She is a frequent competitor on Food Network Challenge cake decorating competitions, having been featured on four different episodes, and winning three as of 2012. She was also featured on Food Network's "Last Cake Standing". Kaysie teaches at cake decorating schools in the United Kingdom, United States, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Asia, Africa, South America, India,throughout Europe, and the Middle East. The People's Cake was named one of "Brides" magazine's Top 100 Cake Decorators in the United States in 2013. Kaysie was named one of "Martha Stewart Wedding's" Top 63 Pastry Professionals in 2014 and "Dessert Professionals" magazine's Top Ten Wedding Cake Decorators of North America in 2015.
In 2014 Kaysie became a spokesperson for the cake decorating tool company Innovative Sugarworks.
- Komo Staff (13 April 2010). "QA Baker Wins Food Network Challenge". Queen Anne Komo. Komo 4 News. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- MEGAN PHILLIPS (1 January 2012). "Wedding Colors: Metallics". Archived from the original on 24 November 2011.
- Monica Guzman (12 April 2010). "Seattle cake chef a Food Network champ". Seattle PI. Seattle PI. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- "IMDB Filmography for Kaysie Lackey". IMDB. IMDB. 1 January 2012.
- Online PR News (19 August 2011). "Kaysie Lackey Will Be Teaching Advanced Cake Decorating Techniques in Miami, FL".
- Squire's School (5 September 2011). "Kaysie Lackey Balance Teapot Class".
- Diane W. Stoneback (28 February 2012). "Celebrity Cake Decorators Share Talents".