Hojjatoleslam Kazem Seddiqi
Seddiqi in 2011 at IUST mosque
March 4, 1951 |
|Main interest(s)||Fiqh, Kalam and philosophy|
Hojjatoleslam Kazem Seddiqi (کاظم صدیقی in Persian, born 4 March 1951) is an Iranian scholar and Mujtahid currently serving as Tehran's Friday Prayer Temporary Imam. A rival of President Ahmadinejad, Seddiqi was appointed as interim Friday prayers leader for Tehran by Ayatollah Khamenei in August 2009. The New York Times characterized the appointment as part of an effort to "reinforce [Khamenei's] authority by cultivating divisions between factions" following the controversial June presidential election.
Among the targets of criticism in Seddiqi's khutbahs have been "certain regional countries for `supporting` the leader of the Jundallah terrorist group, Abdolmalek Rigi", the United States President Barack Obama for showing his “ugly face” by preparing a new slate of sanctions against Iran, and women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously, which Seddiqi claims causes earthquakes to occur. In response to the latter statement, hundreds of thousands of women around the world, organized through social-networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, declared April 26, 2010, to be "Boobquake day", in which they all agreed to wear immodest clothing on the same day.
In his sermon during the Reform of the local self as one of the critics of reformist President Mohammad Khatami was the.He kind of Khatami's government did not accept the political and cultural issues and it did not fit the profile of an Islamic state. He said the Iranian presidential election, 2009 in 1388 in favor of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's harsh talk much more about the pro-government media attention were."
- Slackman, Michael (2009-08-27). "Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Softens Accusations Against Reformists in Iran". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- Iranian cleric condemns Rigi sponsors, 5 March 2010 by İslâmi Davet
- Iranians not scared of Obama ‘threats’, says cleric, 21 November 2009 by İslâmi Davet
- Iran: Fashion That Moves the Earth By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS, April 19, 2010
- Promiscuous women cause earthquakes, claims Iranian cleric, The Independent, 28 May, 2015.
- Pat Pilcher (26 April 2010). "Islamic cleric causes Boobquake". The New Zealand Herald.
- news. Tehran Friday Prayer is new?.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kazem Seddiqi.|
|Friday prayers Imam of Tehran
|This Iranian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|