22 June 1966 |
|Alma mater||University of Warsaw|
|Occupation||literary historian and critic|
Szczuka is a member of the Greens 2004 party, advocate of gay rights and supporter of pro-choice rights for women. She is a member of the Programme Council of the green political foundation the Green Institute.
In March 2006, Szczuka satirized on a TV programme a young woman who frequently recites prayers on Radio Maryja, claiming to not know that the woman used a wheelchair. Despite Szczuka's public apology, she was found guilty of "insulting a disabled person and mocking her religion" by the Polish National Broadcasting Council, and the station on which she had appeared was fined 500,000 PLN.
- "Interview with K. Szczuka (Polish)". Wysokieobcasy.pl. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "Green Institute". Zielonyinstytut.pl. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "Szczuka on a TV programme". Video.google.com. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "Pół miliona kary za wypowiedź Szczuki, Fakt (Polish)". Fakt.pl. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- Bernstein, Richard (2006-05-03). "Differing Treatment of Religious Slurs Raises an Old Issue - New York Times". Poland; Europe: Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "Search - Global Edition - The New York Times". International Herald Tribune. 2009-03-29. Retrieved 2012-02-14.