Kawasaki is a professor at Osaka University and a visiting professor at Tama Art University and Kanazawa Institute of Technology. Representative works include the wheelchair "CARNA" (part of the permanent collection, MoMA New York ), the "Kazuo Kawasaki" brand of eyewares and the "EIZO" brand of computer displays.
One of his research projects is the artificial heart design.
Kawasaki had been Apple design director in early 1990s and designed portable computer devices (named MindTop, POPEYE, Pluto, Sweatpea, JEEP).
- MoMA | The Collection | Kazuo Kawasaki. Carna Folding Wheelchair. 1989
- Kazuo Kawasaki
- Kazuo KAWASAKI G-mark Award History NANAO
- Kazuo KAWASAKI Progressive Inclusive Design Office
- KazuoKAWASAKI official Blog
- KazuoKAWASAKI artgene Blog
- OUZAK Design
- 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art 「artificial heart：Kazuo Kawasaki」
- Kazuo Kawasaki MASUNAGA
- TAKEFU KNIFE VILLAGE
- STUDIO VOICE ONLINE
|This Japanese artist–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|