Kedi (2010 film)
|Directed by||Kiran Kumar|
|Produced by||D. Siva Prasad Reddy|
|Written by||Kiran Kumar
(story / screenplay / dialogues)
|Music by||Sandeep Chowtha|
Annapurna Studios & Kamakshi Movies
Kedi (English: Conman) is a 2010 Telugu film produced by D.Sivaprasad Reddy under the Kamakshi Movies banner and directed by Kiran Kumar. The film stars Nagarjuna Akkineni and Mamta Mohandas with Ankur Vikal (Slumdog Millionaire) in the role of the antagonist. The music score is by Sandeep Chowtha, who previously wrote music for Nagarjuna's films Ninne Pelladutha (1996), Chandralekha (1998) and Super (2005). The film was released on 12 February 2010. It was dubbed into Hindi as Gambler No. 1. The film was recorded as a flop at the box-office.
Ramesh, nicknamed Rummy (Nagarjuna) loves his childhood friend Janaki, who asks him to become rich and powerful before marrying her. With this motive, Rummy starts gambling and becomes rich in no time.
ACP Sekhar (Sayaji Shinde) notice his activities and attempts to catch him. Rummy moves to Goa where he meets Chandra (Ankur), a pub owner who also runs gambling. Both of them make a deal. While on the task, Rummy rescues Sara (Paula) from Victor. Sara’s sister Nadia (Linda) falls in love with him. Another woman, Sandhya (Mamta Mohandas), enters his life. She helps him in his task. Meanwhile, differences arise between Rummy and Chandra, and they become rivals. How Rummy encounters the situation with Janaki forms the rest of the story
- Nagarjuna Akkineni as Ramesh "Rummy"
- Mamta Mohandas as Janaki / Sandhya
- Anushka Shetty in an item number
- Mahek Chahal in an item number
- Ankur Vikal as Chandra
- Sayaji Shinde as ACP Shekar
- Kelly Dorji as Victor
- Brahmanandam as Six Foot
- Tanikella Bharani as Rummy's father
- Harsha Vardhan as Rummy's partner in crime
- Sukul Dev
- Linda Arsenio
- Abhilendra Mishra
- Ankur Vakil
- Nirmal Pandy
- Radha Krishna
- Koteswara Rao
- Salmar Suresh
- Srinivas Vajpai
- Kalyan Bhupathi
- Pavala Shyamala
- Padma Reddy
- Kalpana Chowdary
- Master Srinivas Sai as Childhood Ramesh
- Master Fayaak
- Master Swethik
- Master Bulbul
- Baby Predela Manjula
- Baby Yaani
|Film score by Sandeep Chowtha|
|Sandeep Chowtha chronology|
The music was composed by Sandeep Chowtha. Music released by ADITYA Music Company.
|1.||"Kedigaadu"||Chinni Charan||Sunidhi Chauhan||3:47|
|2.||"Neeve Na Neeve Na"||Chinni Charan||Arijit Singh, Neha Kakkar||5:34|
|3.||"Enduko Enthaki"||Chinni Charan||Saleem Shahida||5:29|
|4.||"Relarey"||Chinni Charan||Sonu Kakkar||4:57|
|5.||"Short And Sweet"||Krishna Chaitanya||Sandeep Chowtha||5:04|
|6.||"Neelo Yemunnado"||Chinni Charan||Rahul Nambiar||4:08|
|7.||"Jaaniya Jaane"||Sandeep Chowtha||Neha Kakkar||5:02|
|8.||"Muddante"||Chinni Charan||Tippu, Geetha Madhuri||4:03|
|9.||"Kedigaadu (Orchestra)"||Chinni Charan||Sunidhi Chauhan||3:06|
The film went through a series of name changes in production from Rummy to Mayagadu to Mosagadu, before the producers agreed on Kedi. A Tamil dubbed version of the movie was also released, entitled Singa Vettai. The film was also dubbed in Hindi as Gambler No 1.
- "Kedi - movie details, cast and crew, star cast, review, cast and crew details, actors, director". Telugu.16reels.com. Archived from the original on 7 October 2011. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Kedi Press meet - Telugu cinema function - Nagarjuna & Mamata Mohandas". Idlebrain.com. 30 November 2009. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Movie Buzz - Singa Vettai - Reviews, Running Theaters, Show Times in Kochi/Cochin". Kochiservnet.com. 24 October 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2011.