||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (May 2014)|
March 20, 1995 |
Elmhurst, Illinois, USA
Guest artists on his channel have included Jennifer Aniston, WWE wrestler The Miz, rapper 50 Cent, Katy Perry, Maroon 5, Jersey Shore's Paul DelVecchio, Cody Simpson, Jason Derulo, Big Time Rush, Glee, The Wanted, LMFAO, Drake Bell, Justin Bieber and Xuso Jones.
In March 2011, at a Danish award show, TV 2 Zulu Awards 2011, he performed in a video where he was lip-synching the songs which were nominated for the Hit of the Year award. In April 2011, Cahill appeared with Brian Wilson and Cody Ross of the San Francisco Giants performing Taio Cruz's hit, "Dynamite".
In June 2011, he appeared with LMFAO performing their song "Party Rock Anthem". In July 2011, Tinie Tempah appeared in one of his videos after Cahill was nominated for a Teen Choice Award for Choice Web Star. During her California Dreams Tour, Katy Perry met Keenan and they performed Teenage Dream together in a video.
In August 2011, Cody Simpson appeared on one of his YouTube videos. Also in that month, a war of words via Twitter between Cahill and WWE wrestler The Miz culminated in the two facing off in a "lip-sync battle" with the chosen song being The Miz's WWE entrance theme ("I Came to Play" by Downstait).
As of September 2011[update], Keenan has a pending nomination for Viral Web Star at the J-14 Awards. Keenan had a one-hour documentary air on NT1 (television) in France, Belgium and Switzerland to 5-million people. He later had a 13-minute documentary air on M6 in France. In Fall 2011, Cahill performed in a music video with The Oak Ridge Boys for their song "What'cha Gonna Do".
Cahill has Maroteaux–Lamy syndrome, which in his case and some other cases result in individuals developing an appearance much like that of people with dwarfism (Cahill is 4' 2" tall), including thickening of the dura (the membrane that surrounds and protects the brain and spinal cord), shortened trunk, crouched stance, restricted joint movement, and enlarged hands.
Diagnosed at the age of one, Cahill was treated with a bone marrow transplant in 1997 to slow down the progression of the disease, and he has had multiple surgeries, including surgery to relieve intracranial pressure.
- Wei, William (Jan 29, 2011). "TOP VIRAL VIDEOS OF THE WEEK: Keenan Cahill Is Glad To Be Back On Top". Business Insider.
- "Keenan Cahill lip syncing with appearance by Pauly D". Retrieved February 8, 2011.
- Keenan Cahill Performs With Brian Wilson, Cody Ross, and team mascot Lou seal of the San Francisco Giants, April 19, 2011.
- Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO (with Keenan Cahill, EC Twins & DJ Vice) Live at Tao Las Vegas, June 2011.
- Goldberg, Lesley (July 5, 2011). "'Glee' Cast Joins Viral Star Keenan Cahill for Katy Perry Track". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 10, 2011.
- "YouTube Sensation Keenan Cahill and The Oak Ridge Boys Debut 'What'cha Gonna Do'". November 9, 2011. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- Berman, Michelle (April 25, 2011). "Meet Keenan Cahill, the 16-year-old YouTube Sensation". Medpage Today. Retrieved May 29, 2012.