||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (May 2014)|
March 20, 1995 |
Elmhurst, Illinois, USA
Cahill launched his first famous lipsynced YouTube video on August 28, 2010 on the Katy Perry song Teenage Dream. Guest artists on his channel have included Jennifer Aniston, 50 Cent, Flo Rida, Katy Perry, Tinie Tempah, Maroon 5, Cody Simpson, Jason Derulo, Big Time Rush, Glee, The Wanted, LMFAO, Drake Bell, Justin Bieber, Gym Class Heroes, Xuso Jones, WWE wrestler The Miz and Jersey Shore's Paul DelVecchio. He has also released a number of singles on iTunes.
In popular culture
In March 2011, at a Danish award show, TV 2 Zulu Awards 2011, he performed in a video where he was lip-synching the songs which were nominated for the Hit of the Year award.
In April 2011, Cahill appeared with Brian Wilson and Cody Ross of the San Francisco Giants performing Taio Cruz's hit, "Dynamite". The video also promoted a a fundraiser campaign for Cahill launched by Wilson and Ross to be effected during a meeting on May 25, 2011 between the San Francisco Giants and Miami Marlins.
In August 2011, a war of words via Twitter between Cahill and WWE wrestler The Miz culminated in the two facing off in a "lip-sync battle" with the chosen song being The Miz's WWE entrance theme ("I Came to Play" by Downstait).
In September 2011, Cahill was nominated for Viral Web Star at the J-14 Awards. Keenan had a one-hour documentary aired on NT1 in France, Belgium and Switzerland reportedly watched by 5 million people. He later had a 13-minute documentary air on M6 in France.
Cahill has Maroteaux–Lamy syndrome, which in his case and some other cases result in individuals developing an appearance much like that of people with dwarfism (Cahill is 4' 2" tall), including thickening of the dura (the membrane that surrounds and protects the brain and spinal cord), shortened trunk, crouched stance, restricted joint movement, and enlarged hands.
Diagnosed at the age of one, Cahill was treated with a bone marrow transplant in 1997 to slow down the progression of the disease, and he has had multiple surgeries, including surgery to relieve intracranial pressure.
- Hands Up (The Dance Remixes) (feat. ElectroVamp) (Augmenter Publishing Group, April 2012)
- Closer (The Remixes) (feat. SHY & DRS) (Augmenter Music Group / PressPlay, February 2014)
- "Hands Up" (feat. ElectroVamp) (Augmenter Publishing Group, July 2012)
- "Closer" (feat. SHY & DRS) (Augmenter Music Group / PressPlay, November 2013)
- "Back to Us" (feat. Lovey James) (PressPlay, March 2014)
- Wei, William (Jan 29, 2011). "TOP VIRAL VIDEOS OF THE WEEK: Keenan Cahill Is Glad To Be Back On Top". Business Insider.
- "Keenan Cahill lip syncing with appearance by Pauly D". Retrieved February 8, 2011.
- Keenan Cahill Performs With Brian Wilson, Cody Ross, and team mascot Lou seal of the San Francisco Giants, April 19, 2011.
- "YouTube Sensation Keenan Cahill and The Oak Ridge Boys Debut 'What'cha Gonna Do'". November 9, 2011. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- iTunez: Keenan Cahill page
- ABC News: Teen YouTube Sensation Keenan Cahill Battles Rare Disorder
- Berman, Michelle (April 25, 2011). "Meet Keenan Cahill, the 16-year-old YouTube Sensation". Medpage Today. Retrieved May 29, 2012.