Keene Township, Coshocton County, Ohio
|Keene Township, Coshocton County, Ohio|
The Cuthbert Milligan House
Location of Keene Township in Coshocton County
|• Total||24.0 sq mi (62.1 km2)|
|• Land||23.9 sq mi (61.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||935 ft (285 m)|
|• Density||71/sq mi (27.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085918|
Located in the north central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Mill Creek Township - north
- Crawford Township - northeast corner
- White Eyes Township - east
- Lafayette Township - southeast corner
- Tuscarawas Township - south
- Jackson Township - southwest
- Bethlehem Township - west
- Clark Township - northwest corner
Name and history
It is the only Keene Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Keene township, Coshocton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- Graham, Albert Adams (1881). History of Coshocton County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, 1740-1881. A. A. Graham. p. 523.
- Hunt, William Ellis (1876). Historical Collections of Coshocton County, Ohio. R. Clarke & Company. p. 3.
- Graham, Albert Adams (1881). History of Coshocton County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, 1740-1881. A. A. Graham. p. 528.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.