Keener Township, Jasper County, Indiana
Location in Jasper County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||48.26 sq mi (125.0 km2)|
|• Land||48.11 sq mi (124.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.15 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.31%|
|Elevation||666 ft (203 m)|
|• Density||210.1/sq mi (81.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453522|
Keener Township was established in 1858.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 48.26 square miles (125.0 km2), of which 48.11 square miles (124.6 km2) (or 99.69%) is land and 0.15 square miles (0.39 km2) (or 0.31%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Boone Township, Porter County (northeast)
- Walker Township (east)
- Wheatfield Township (east)
- Union Township (south)
- Lincoln Township, Newton County (southwest)
- Eagle Creek Township, Lake County (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Cemetery of the Resurrection, DeMotte Cemetery, and First Church Cemetery (informally known as Holland Cemetery).
Airports and landing strips
- DeMotte Airport
- "Keener Township, Jasper County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- A standard history of Jasper and Newton counties, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. 1916. p. 51.