Keighley Bus Company
|Service area||West Yorkshire|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Routes||27 (October 2013)|
|Fleet||113 (October 2013)|
The Keighley Bus Company is a bus operator based in Keighley, West Yorkshire. It is a subsidiary of Transdev Blazefield. Commencing in July 2016, the business is progressively being rebranded from Transdev in Keighley.
In 1948, along with other companies that were then part of the Tilling Group, West Yorkshire Road Car Company was nationalised. In 1968 West Yorkshire Road Car Company became part of the National Bus Company.
In 1987 West Yorkshire Road Car Company was sold in a management buyout to former East Yorkshire Motor Services managing director Alan Stephenson's AJS Group and in December 1988 split into smaller companies, one of which was Keighley & District Travel Limited.
In January 2006 Keighley & District Travel was included in the sale of Blazefield Travel to Transdev. Keighley & District was rebranded as Transdev in Keighley. Starting from July 2016, the company is again being rebranded, this time as the Keighley Bus Company.
As of October 2016, the Keighley Bus Company operates 35 routes.
In 2016, the Keighley Bus Company started operating 'Wharfedale Links' services around Otley & Ilkley.
As at October 2013 the fleet consisted of 113 buses.
- Companies House extract company no 2113404 Keighley & District Limited
- Companies House extract company no 91413 Welwyn & Hatfield Line Bus Company Limited formerly AJS Developments Limited formerly West Yorkshire Road Car Company Limited
- A brief history Harrogate Bus Company
- Companies House extract company no 2188825 Blazefield Travel Group Limited
- AJS sells remaining bus firms Commercial Motor August 1991
- Jenkinson, Keith A (1999). Small is Beautiful, The Story of the AJS Group and Blazefield Holdings. Autobus Review Publications. ISBN 0907834426.
- First for Fearnley in UK Bus move Bus & Coach Professional 26 January 2011
- Transdev acquires Blazefield Group Bus & Coach Professional 7 January 2006
- A new stop for Blazefield Yorkshire Post 9 January 2006
- "Transdev rolls out two more rebrands" Buses Magazine issue 738 September 2016 page 9
- Timetables Keighley Bus Company
- Fleet list West Yorkshire Information Page
Media related to Keighley & District (bus company) at Wikimedia Commons