Keighley bus station
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||Bow Street, Keighley
City of Bradford
|Connections||Keighley railway station (440 yards [400 m])|
The bus station is situated in Keighley town centre next to the Airedale Centre and can be accessed from Bow Street and Towngate. The bus station was re-built in 2002 by Metro.
There are 17 stands at the bus station and the main operators are Keighley Bus Company and Transdev in Burnley & Pendle with other services run by First West Yorkshire, Jackson's of Silsden and Tyrer Bus.
Previous bus station
Keighley's previous bus station was constructed in the 1930s and the bus shelters were added in the 1970s. It was closed in 2001 to make way for the current bus station which opened in 2002. It was served originally by West Yorkshire Automobile before 1987 and deregulation. After deregulation, it was served by Keighley & District and First Calderdale & Huddersfield. Between 2001 and 2002 buses waited in the surrounding streets whilst the current bus station was being constructed. In 1995 many unnecessary services were removed; these include through services from Bradford to Haworth.
- "Keighley Bus Station - Metro". WYMetro. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Confusion over bus to hospital times". Keighley News. 21 January 2016. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Williamson, Dave; Williamson, David; Jenkins, Wyn; Cooke, Peter; Michael Moreton, Keith (2013). Strategic Management and Business Analysis. Routledge. p. 170. ISBN 9781136362736. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Else, David; Atkinson, David; Bainbridge, James; Berry, Oliver; Davenport, Fionn (2009). Great Britain. Lonely Planet. p. Yorkshire Dales National Park - 531. ISBN 9781742203416. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Croft, David J (9 March 2013). Bradford Transport (From Old Photographs). Amberley Publishing Limited. ISBN 9781445623269. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- The Rough Guide to Yorkshire. Rough Guides UK. 3 October 2013. p. 328. ISBN 9781409350552. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Berkmoes, Ryan Ver; Berry, Oliver; Elliott, Mark; Garwood, Duncan; Ham, Anthony; Maxwell, Virginia; Schulte-Peevers, Andrea; Williams, Nicola; Wilson, Neil (2013). Lonely Planet Western Europe. Lonely Planet. ISBN 9781743217986. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- The Commercial Motor, Volumes 127-128. the University of Michigan: Temple Press Limited,. 1968. p. 47. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- TRRL Laboratory Report, Issues 976-995. the University of Michigan: Overseas Unit, Transport and Road Research Laboratory. 1981. p. 470. Retrieved 31 January 2016.