Keiko (given name)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Meaning||Depends on the kanji used|
|Region of origin||Japan|
As with many Japanese names, Keiko can be written using a number of different kanji. Some of the most common ways of writing Keiko (and the most representative meanings of the respective kanji) are:
- 恵子 — "lucky child"
- 敬子 — "respectful child"
- 景子 — "sunlight/view/scenic child"
- 桂子 — "katsura tree child"
- 圭子 — "blessed child"
- 慶子 — "happy child"
- 啓子 — "open (one's eyes)/express/spring (season) child"
- 硅子 — "silicon child"
People with the name
- Keiko Abe, 安倍 圭子 a Japanese composer and percussionist
- Keiko Agena, an American actress
- Keiko Asao (浅尾 恵子, born 1965), Japanese speed skater
- Keiko Chiba (千葉 景子), a politician and former justice minister of Japan
- Keiko Fukuda (福田 敬子, 1913-2013), a Japanese-born American martial artist
- Keiko Fuji (藤 圭子, 1951-2013), a Japanese enka singer, actress, and mother of Hikaru Utada
- Keiko Fujimori (藤森 恵子), a Peruvian congresswoman and former first lady
- Keiko Fukuda, judoka
- Keiko Han (潘 恵子), a Japanese voice actress and western astrologer
- Keiko Hasegawa (長谷川 恵子, born 1955), Japanese speed skater
- Keiko Hirakawa (平川 啓子, born 1955), Japanese sport shooter
- Mazie Keiko Hirono (広野 慶子), an American politician and the junior United States senator from Hawaii
- Keiko Ihara (井原 慶子), a Japanese race car driver
- Keiko Itō (伊藤 敬子, 1935–2020), Japanese poet
- Keiko Kitagawa (北川 景子), a Japanese model/actress
- Keiko Kubota (窪田啓子), a Japanese singer and a member of the J-pop groups FictionJunction and Kalafina
- Keiko Masuda (増田恵子), member of the J-pop duo Pink Lady
- Keiko Matsui (松居慶子), a Japanese pianist and composer
- Keiko Miura (三浦恵子), a Japanese field hockey athlete
- Keiko Namai (生井 けい子, born 1951), Japanese women's basketball player
- Keiko Nobumoto, (信本敬中) a Japanese screenwriter the creator of Wolf's Rain
- Keiko Nogami (runner) (野上 恵子, born 1985), Japanese long-distance runner
- Keiko Nogami (sailor) (野上 敬子, born 1947), Japanese sailor
- Keiko Takemiya (竹宮 惠子), a Japanese manga artist
- Keiko Takeshita (竹下景子), a Japanese actress
- Keiko Toda (戸田 恵子), a Japanese actress
- Keiko Torii (鳥居 啓子), Japanese botanist
- Keiko Utoku (宇徳敬子), a Japanese singer/songwriter
- Keiko Yamada (山田 桂子), a Japanese singer and lead vocalist of the J-pop band Globe
- Keiko Yamada (manga artist) (山田 圭子), a Japanese manga artist
- Keiko Yamamoto (山本 圭子, born 1943), Japanese voice actress
- Keiko Yokozawa (born 1952), Japanese voice actress
- Keiko Kubota (窪田啓子), a Japanese singer
- Keiko Arahida, a recurring character played by Yūko Takeuchi in the 2009 TV series FlashForward
- Keiko Hasegawa, a main character in the webcomic Okashina Okashi – Strange Candy
- Keiko Katou, a character from the anime media franchise Strike Witches
- Keiko O'Brien, a character from Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Keiko Onuki, also Keiko Inoue, a character in the novel and film Battle Royale
- Keiko Makino, a character from the manga The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service.
- Keiko Yukimura, a character from the manga and anime series Yu Yu Hakusho
- Keiko Nekton, a character from the graphic novel The Deep: Here Be Dragons and the following TV series The Deep.
- Keiko Ayano, game name Silica, from the light novel, anime and manga media franchise Sword Art Online.
- Keiko (orca), the orca, or killer whale, which performed in the film Free Willy