Keiko Awaji in the 1949 film Stray Dog
|Native name||淡路 恵子|
17 July 1933|
|Died||11 January 2014
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Spouse(s)||Rolando "Bimbo" Danao, Yorozuya Kinnosuke|
|Children||Etsuo Shima, Akihiro, Kichinosuke|
Keiko Awaji (淡路 恵子 Awaji Keiko, 17 July 1933 – 11 January 2014) was a Japanese film actress.
Her first husband was Filipino musician and actor Rodrigo "Bimbo" Danao; they had two children together. Their eldest is actor Etsuo Shima.
Her second husband was Japanese actor Yorozuya Kinnosuke, but they divorced in 1987. Their eldest son, Akihiro, died in a car crash in 1990. In 2004, their youngest son, Kichinosuke Yorozuya (Satoshi Ida), was arrested for breaking into her home, for which he served six months in prison. On 16 June 2010, Kichinosuke committed suicide by jumping off her apartment in Shinjuku.
She died of esophageal cancer in Tokyo on 11 January 2014, aged 80.
- Stray Dog (1949)
- The Bridges at Toko-Ri (1954)
- The Badger Palace (1958)
- A Holiday in Tokyo (1958)
- Scar Yosaburo (1960)
- "Japan Entertainment News Archives for July 2004". japan-zone.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- 淡路恵子の四男萬屋吉之亮さん自殺[dead link]
- "Actress Awaji dies". Kyodo News. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- http://www.jmdb.ne.jp/person/p0265320.htm accessed 29 January 2009
- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0043396/ accessed 29 January 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Keiko Awaji.|