Keilor Downs, Victoria
|• Density||2,127/km2 ( 5,510/sq mi)|
|Area||4.7 km2 (1.8 sq mi)|
|Location||17 km (11 mi) from Melbourne|
|LGA(s)||City of Brimbank|
|State electorate(s)||St Albans|
Keilor Downs Post Office opened on 14 May 1990 as the suburb developed.
Keilor Downs is believed to have once had a large Aboriginal settlement which dissipated after European settlement. See the entry for Keilor for history pertaining to the Keilor Downs and Keilor Plains region or contact the Keilor Historical Society.
The suburbs main shopping centre is Keilor Shopping Centre previously known as Centro Keilor prior to 2013. The suburb is home to the Brimbank Leisure Centre (gym, indoor/outdoor pools, etc.), Keilor Downs Police Station and a community centre. There are also several schools, child care centres, churches and parks in the area.
The local football teams are Green Gully Cavaliers who play in the Victorian Premier League, Keilor Wolves who compete in Men's Metropolitan League North-West and Keilor Park SC who play in Men's State League Div 3 North-West.
The nearest railway station is Keilor Plains. Typically it takes around 27 minutes for a train trip to the CBD.
- City of Keilor - Keilor Downs was previously within this former local government area.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Keilor Downs (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008
- "421 St Albans Station - Watergardens Station via Keilor Plains Station". Public Transport Victoria.
- "419 St Albans Station - Watergardens Station via Keilor Downs". Public Transport Victoria.