|Motto||Integritas, Veritas, Sapientia|
Motto in English
|Purity, Truth, Wisdom|
|Colors||Navy Blue and Sky Blue|
|Affiliations||The Sun Conference|
Keiser University is a private non-profit university based in Florida. Keiser provides educational programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels in both traditional and online delivery formats. The school is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and is also a member of the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida. The main campus is in Fort Lauderdale, with additional branches located in other parts of Florida and internationally.
In 1977, Arthur Keiser and his mother, Evelyn, created a career college, the Keiser School, in Fort Lauderdale to prepare students for jobs in Florida's growing business and healthcare communities. In 1982, with the addition of paralegal and computer programs, the school changed its name to the Keiser Institute of Technology. In 1986 the school began to award associate degrees and became Keiser College. In 2001 the company created its first bachelor's degree programs. Five years later, in 2006, the for-profit school again changed its name and became Keiser University.
In 2010, the Florida Attorney General began to investigate Keiser University and several other for-profit schools based in the state. In 2011 the University switched from a profit to a not-for-profit model when Arthur Keiser sold the institution for an undisclosed sum to Everglades College Inc., a non-profit entity founded by Keiser that also operates Everglades University.
In 2015 Keiser University added a 100-acre campus to its West Palm Beach campus, on the site of what was formerly Northwood University's Florida campus. The goal of this new expansion was to create a space for their new Doctor of Chiropractic and nursing programs. In 2016 the university launched the new College of Chiropractic with Dr. Michael Wiles serving as the Dean. This is the first program of its kind started in southern Florida.
Licensure and accreditation
Keiser University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral levels. Keiser University is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education in Florida.
Community College Week ranked Keiser 2nd nationally for colleges with associate degree programs in "health professions and related programs," 5th nationally for colleges with associate degree programs in "nursing: registered nursing, nursing administration, nursing research and clinical nursing;" and 11th nationally for colleges with associate degree programs in "computer and information sciences and support services."
In 2016 Keiser graduate Steven Bruce signed as a free agent with the Texas Rangers. Also in 2016, the Keiser University women's golf team won 2016 NAIA Women's Golf National Championship Title. This marked the second-straight year and the third time in school history (2003 and 2015) that the Seahawks claimed top honors. Keiser University won the Sun Conference Commissioners Cup for the 2015-16 athletic season. In 2016 Keiser announced it planned to add football to its slate of varsity athletic programs, beginning during the 2018-19 academic year . Per ESPN, on December 14, 2016, Rollie Massimino, Keiser University's men's basketball coach, became the third active coach to achieve 800 career wins and the ninth coach overall. Massimino was 82 years old at the time. In 2018, Keiser announced that the first inaugural wrestling season will begin during the 2019-2020 academic year. This marks Keiser along with Southeastern University as the only institutions that sponsor scholarship wrestling programs in Florida. This brings the total number of varsity teams to 25.
- "Keiser History". Keiser University. 2007. Retrieved February 5, 2011.
- "INTEGRITAS VERITAS SAPIENTIA®. 2011. Keiser University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL , USA". 2010. Retrieved June 14, 2012.
- Field, Kelly (January 13, 2011). "Keiser U. Goes Nonprofit". Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved February 5, 2011.
- Travis, Scott (September 12, 2011). "Keiser University celebrates 35th year by becoming a nonprofit". Florida Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved June 14, 2012.
- "Letter From The Chancellor". Keiser University. 2010. Retrieved June 14, 2012.
- Scott Travis, "A higher degree of success: for-profit universities are gaining in popularity in Florida", South Florida Sun-Sentinel, July 19, 2008
- "Keiser University: San Marcos, Carazo, Nicaragua". Keiser University. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- Vasquez, Michael (April 23, 2015). "Keiser: Not-for-profit but still lucrative". Miami Herald. Retrieved April 8, 2016.
- "Keiser University: Nonprofit Operation Advantageous". The Ledger. January 21, 2011. Retrieved February 5, 2011.
- Luzer, Daniel (January 24, 2011). "Beyond Profit". Washington Monthly. Retrieved February 5, 2011.
- Clough, Alexandra (August 13, 2015). "Keiser eyes big growth at new WPB campus; plans taking shape". mypalmbeachpost. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- "Keiser University Opens First College of Chiropractic Medicine in South Florida, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Students". PRWeb. August 31, 2016. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- "Sunshine State Adds DC Degree Program". Dynamic Chiropractic (Vol. 34, Issue 5). March 1, 2016. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- Articulation Agreement Between the Florida Division of Community Colleges and Keiser University Archived September 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine, February 8, 2007
- "Associate Degree and Certificate Producers, 2014". Community College Week. August 20, 2014. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "FMHS alum signs with Texas Rangers". Cross Timbers Gazette. June 14, 2016. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Tommy Chasanoff (2016). "Seahawks Win Back-To-Back National Championships". National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- "Keiser Claims Commissioner's Cup; Watson, Jarrett Honored at Ad Meetings". The Sun Conference. 2016. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- "Keiser Adds Football Program". Victory Sports Network. October 11, 2016. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- Palmer, Mark (5 March 2018). "Keiser University to add wrestling, hires coach". Retrieved 12 December 2018.
- "Bertolone Tabbed To Lead Inaugural Keiser Wrestling Program In 2019". Retrieved 12 December 2018.