|Member of the Alameda County Board of Supervisors|
from District 5
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Warren Widener|
Keith Carson is a member of the Alameda County Board of Supervisors in Alameda County, California for District 5. Carson has served on the board of supervisors in Alameda County, California since 1993, after being subsequently re-elected in 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, and 2016.
Carson is a native of Berkeley, CA. After attending Berkeley High School, Carson attended Merritt College. He transferred to UC Berkeley from 1969-1971 where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Sciences. Carson went on to receive his Master of Public Administration from California State University, Hayward (now California State University, East Bay). Carson and his wife, Maria, have two children and three grandchildren.
He represents the Fifth District which includes the cities of Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Piedmont, and the West Oakland, North Oakland, Rockridge, Grand Lake, Fruitvale, and Dimond District neighborhoods.
Carson is chair of the Alameda County East Bay Economic Development Alliance (East Bay EDA) and the Finance Committee for the Bay Area World Trade Center (BAWTC). He is also a member of the Board of Directors for the California State Association of Counties (CSAC), the statewide organization representing supervisors in the state's 58 counties, and was elected president of that association in December 2016. He also served on the Alameda County Transportation Improvement Authority (ACTIA), before the body was merged with the Alameda County Congestion Management Agency. He now serves on the new Alameda County Transportation Commission.
Carson called upon the California Attorney General and the United States Attorney's Office to investigate the shooting of Oscar Grant III, an unarmed black man who was shot by BART Transit Police on New Year's Eve.
- Smart Voter, November 2, 2004
- "CSAC Elects New Slate of Officers - California State Association of Counties". www.counties.org. Retrieved 2016-12-07.
- "ACERA - Alameda County Employees Retirees Association". Archived from the original on 2010-12-01. Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- New York Times, Oakland Simmers After Night of Violence
- Lee, Henry K.; Bulwa, Demian (2009-10-17). "Mehserle trial to be moved in BART shooting - SFGate". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2010-03-15.[permanent dead link]
| Alameda County Board of Supervisors