|Born||29 May 1948|
|Alma mater||King's College London (BSc, PhD)|
|Thesis||Studies on the Effect of Griseofulvin on Fungal Growth and Cytology (1973)|
Professor Keith Gull CBE, FRS (born 29 May 1948) is a Wellcome Trust Principal Research Fellow and Professor of Molecular Microbiology at the Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford. He has been the principal of St Edmund Hall, Oxford since 1 October 2009, succeeding Michael Mingos.
On completion of his PhD, he moved to a lectureship at the University of Kent. He held a personal chair at Kent when he moved to the University of Manchester where he spent the 1990s involved with the development of the School of Biological Sciences as Head of Biochemistry and Research Dean. He moved to Oxford in 2002.
According to Google Scholar  his most cited peer-reviewed scientific papers are on Trypanosoma brucei  and Trypanosoma cruzi. More recently the Gull lab has worked on Leishmania
Awards and honours
Among numerous prizes, fellowships, and other awards, Keith Gull was awarded the Marjory Stephenson Prize from the Society for General Microbiology (1996), was elected Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences (1999), elected Fellow of the Royal Society in 2004, and was awarded the CBE in the 2004 New Year Honours list for services to microbiology. He holds an honorary Doctor of Science from the University of Kent.
- GULL, Keith. Who's Who 2015 (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. (subscription required)
- http://www.seh.ox.ac.uk/index.php?section=47 The Principal, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford
- "The Hall elects its next Principal", St Edmund Hall
- "SEH academic staff", St Edmund Hall
- Gull, Keith (1973). Studies on the effect of griseofulvin on fungal growth and cytology (PhD thesis). London, Queen Elizabeth College.
- ""keith gull" - Google Scholar". Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- Ngô, H.; Tschudi, C.; Gull, K.; Ullu, E. (1998). "Double-stranded RNA induces mRNA degradation in Trypanosoma brucei". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 95 (25): 14687–14692. Bibcode:1998PNAS...9514687N. doi:10.1073/pnas.95.25.14687. PMC 24510. PMID 9843950.
- Berriman, M.; Ghedin, E.; Hertz-Fowler, C.; Blandin, G.; Renauld, H.; Bartholomeu, D.; Lennard, N.; Caler, E.; Hamlin, N.; Haas, B.; Böhme, U.; Hannick, L.; Aslett, M. A.; Shallom, J.; Marcello, L.; Hou, L.; Wickstead, B.; Alsmark, U. C.; Arrowsmith, C.; Atkin, R. J.; Barron, A. J.; Bringaud, F.; Brooks, K.; Carrington, M.; Cherevach, I.; Chillingworth, T. J.; Churcher, C.; Clark, L. N.; Corton, C. H.; Cronin, A. (2005). "The Genome of the African Trypanosome Trypanosoma brucei". Science 309 (5733): 416–422. Bibcode:2005Sci...309..416B. doi:10.1126/science.1112642. PMID 16020726.
- El-Sayed, N. M.; Myler, P.; Bartholomeu, D.; Nilsson, D.; Aggarwal, G.; Tran, A.; Ghedin, E.; Worthey, E.; Delcher, A.; Blandin, G.; Westenberger, S. J.; Caler, E.; Cerqueira, G. C.; Branche, C.; Haas, B.; Anupama, A.; Arner, E.; Aslund, L.; Attipoe, P.; Bontempi, E.; Bringaud, F.; Burton, P.; Cadag, E.; Campbell, D. A.; Carrington, M.; Crabtree, J.; Darban, H.; Da Silveira, J. F.; De Jong, P.; Edwards, K. (2005). "The Genome Sequence of Trypanosoma cruzi, Etiologic Agent of Chagas Disease". Science 309 (5733): 409–415. Bibcode:2005Sci...309..409E. doi:10.1126/science.1112631. PMID 16020725.
- http://users.path.ox.ac.uk/~kgull/publications.htm Keith Gull lab publications
- Wheeler, R. J.; Gluenz, E.; Gull, K. (2011). "The cell cycle of Leishmania: Morphogenetic events and their implications for parasite biology". Molecular Microbiology 79 (3): 647–662. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2958.2010.07479.x. PMC 3166656. PMID 21255109.
- Hodges, M. E.; Scheumann, N; Wickstead, B; Langdale, J. A.; Gull, K (2010). "Reconstructing the evolutionary history of the centriole from protein components". Journal of Cell Science 123 (Pt 9): 1407–13. doi:10.1242/jcs.064873. PMC 2858018. PMID 20388734.
- http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/57155/supplements/8 "New Year Honours List 2004"