Keith Hart (wrestler)
|Birth name||Keith William Hart|
August 21, 1952 |
Great Falls, Montana
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Keith Hart|
|Billed height||178 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Billed weight||93 kg (205 lb)|
|Trained by||Stu Hart|
|Debut||June 1, 1973 |
Before becoming a wrestler, Keith Hart earned a degree in teaching. He is of Greek descent through his maternal grandparents. Hart trained under his father and began wrestling on June 1, 1973 in his father's promotion, Stampede Wrestling, facing Lindy Calder in his debut match. He spent much of his career as a tag team wrestler, teaming with wrestlers such as his brother Bret, with whom he won the Stampede International Tag Team Championship four times. He feuded with wrestlers such as Dick Steinborn, Mr. Hito, and Mr. Sakurada. In addition to wrestling in Canada, Hart performed in Germany and made infrequent appearances in the United States of America.
In the late 1970s, at the urging of his brother-in-law, B.J. Annis, Hart passed a test and was accepted into the Calgary firefighter department. As a result, he largely reduced his wrestling commitments.
As part of the feud between Bret and Jerry Lawler, at the 1993 Survivor Series Bret and his brothers Keith, Bruce and Owen faced Shawn Michaels and his three masked knights. Though Owen was eliminated and Keith's shoulder was injured by a prolonged assault at the hands of Michaels, the Hart brothers were victorious.
In the 1990s, Hart worked as a trainer in the Hart Dungeon (the wrestling training camp located in the basement of the Hart family mansion). He eventually retired in 1995 to become a full-time firefighter, although he briefly came out of retirement in 1999 when Stampede Wrestling was reopened by his brothers Bruce and Ross Hart. Hart became a tag team champion with Chris Benoit.
Following the death of Stu Hart on October 16, 2003, the Hart family sold the Hart mansion. On August 14, 2004 Hart organised a fundraiser, held within the mansion, for the Stu Hart Amateur Sport Foundation (which supports amateur wrestling in the Calgary area).
Hart has three sons, Stewart Hart II, Conor Hart and Brock Hart. Conor pursued amateur wrestling at the University of Calgary and coaches a local high school team.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
- Wrestlers trained by Keith Hart
Championships and accomplishments
- Can Am Wrestling Federation
- CAWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Vinnie Fever
- Polynesian Pacific Wrestling
- PPW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Bruce Hart
- NWA International Tag Team Championship (Calgary version) (7 times) - with Leo Burke (2), Bret Hart (4), and Hubert Gallant (1)
- Stampede British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Stampede International Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Chris Benoit
- Stampede World Mid-Heavyweight Championship (1 time) 
- Stampede Wrestling Hall of Fame 
- Catching up with Keith Hart
- Keith Hart at Online World of Wrestling
- Hart Family News
- Keith Hart at the Internet Movie Database