Keith Haynes (musician)
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Keith Haynes performing at The Rebellion Festival 2009.
Haynes was brought up in Northampton and attended Parklands infants school and then the junior school until his family split and moved to London in 1974. Living in Marble Arch, he attended St Georges School in Hanover Square before returning to the nomadic travellers lifestyle travelling to Lanarkshire and Essex for periods with intermittent schooling. He moved to Wales in 1977, where he attended Sir Thomas Picton School in Haverfordwest. There he formed punk rock band Picture Frame Seduction. In 1980 he appeared on the compilation album Demolition Blues with the song "Getcha Rocks Off". This is referenced in an interview with Haynes and ex-manager Jan Molby by BBC Radio Wales in 2002 after his football supporters group based in Gloucester assisted local fans in ousting then Swansea City owners from the club.
In 1998. Haynes published his first book, titled Come on Cymru. His second, in 1999, was Come on Cymru 2000. He has since written books on professional and international footballers and on local history. He has also broadcast for the BBC in Wales and written for mainstream newspapers and publications including The Daily Mirror. His most recent books have been biographical accounts of his experiences following Swansea City.
- Come on Cymru, Sigma, ISBN 978-1-85058-689-0, 1998, Keith Haynes
- Come on Cymru 2000, Sigma, ISBN 978-1-85058-729-3, 1999, Keith Haynes
- Vetch Field Voices, A oral history, Tempus, 2000, ISBN 978-0-7524-1592-5, Keith Haynes
- Roger Freestone, Another Day at the Office, Tempus, 2001, ISBN 978-0-7524-2169-8, Keith Haynes
- 100 Swansea City Greats, NPI Media Group 2003, ISBN 0-7524-2715-6, Keith Haynes
- The Tony Ford Story, The History Press Ltd 2005, ISBN 0-7524-2418-1, Keith Haynes
- Gloucester, Photographic Memories, Francis Frith, ISBN 978-1-85937-232-6, Keith Haynes
- Walking on Sunshine, The History Press 2011, ISBN 978-0752464442, Keith Haynes
- Shine on Swansea City, The History Press 2012, ISBN 9780752486253 Keith Haynes