Keith Kahn-Harris is a sociologist, and music critic.  He is an honorary research fellow and senior lecturer at Birkbeck College and an associate fellow of the Institute for Jewish Policy Research and a lecturer at Leo Baeck College.
- 2008–09: Research Associate at the Centre for Urban and Community Research, Goldsmiths, University of London, working on project funded by the Economic and Social Research Council "Contemporary Anglo-Jewry and Leadership: Coping with Multiculturalism" (with Ben Gidley).
- 2007–08: Research Associate at the Centre for Urban and Community Research, Goldsmiths , working on two projects funded by the Rothschild Foundation Europe: "A Mapping Study of Efforts to Combat Antisemitism, Racism and Xenophobia at the Local, Communal and Grassroots Levels in Europe" (with Roger Hewitt) and "From Security to Insecurity?: Jewish Communal Leadership in Changing Times" (with Ben Gidley).
- 2005: Postdoctoral Fellow at the Advanced Cultural Studies Institute of Sweden, Campus Norrköping of Linköping University.
- 2001–02: "Jerusalem Fellow" at the Mandel School for Advanced Educational Leadership in Jerusalem.
- Strange Hate: Anti-semitism, racism, and the Limits of Diversity Repeater books , 2019
- Review, by Howard Cooper Jewish Chronicle, June 18, 2020
- Denial: The Unspeakable Truth], Notting Hill Editions, 2018
- Uncivil War: The Israel Conflict in the Jewish Community, David Paul Books, 2014
- Review by C Schindler, Jewsih Journal of Sociology 56 (2014) 127-128.
- All that Matters: Judaism, Hodder Education, 2012
- (co-written with Ben Gidley), Turbulent Times: The British Jewish Community Today Continuum 2010
- Extreme Metal: Music and Culture on the Edge Berg 2007
- Review: matilda says (11 July 2007). "Book Review: Keith Kahn-Harris – Extreme Metal: Music and Culture on the Edge | Latest News". Metal Injection. Retrieved 16 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)</ref>
- (co-edited with Dougald Hine),Despatches from the Invisible Revolution New Public Thinking 2012
- (co-edited with Andy Bennett) After subculture: Critical studies in contemporary youth culture Basingstoke Palgrave 2004 
Refereed articles in scholarly journals
- "Religious Popular Music: Between the Instrumental, Transcendent and Transgressive" in Temenos: Nordic Journal of Comparative Religion, 48/1, 87–106 2012
- (With Ben Gidley) "Contemporary Anglo-Jewish and Community Leadership: Coping with Multiculturalism", British Journal of Sociology 63/1 2012
- "Creating Jewish Rap: From Parody to Syncretism" in transversal – Zeitschrift für Jüdische Studien 1 2009 21–38
- "The 'Failure' of Youth Culture: Music, Politics and Reflexivity in the Black Metal Scene" in European Journal of Cultural Studies, 7/1 2004, pp 95–111
- "'Roots'?: The Relationship Between the Global and the Local Within the Global Extreme Metal Scene" in Popular Music 19/1, 2000, pp 13–30
Journal special issues
- (Co-edited with Titus Hjelm and Mark LeVine) "Heavy Metal: Controversies and Countercultures" Popular Music History 6: 1/2, April/August 2012
- (Co-edited with Karl Spracklen and Andy R. Brown) "Metal Studies: Cultural Research in the Heavy Metal Scene" Journal for Cultural Research 15: 3, July 2011
- "Centre for Religion and Contemporary Society". Bbk.ac.uk. Retrieved 16 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Institute of Jewish Policy Research: Staff". Jpr.org.uk. Retrieved 16 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kahn-Harris, Keith, Goldsmiths, University of London". Gold.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 27 October 2009. Retrieved 16 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Activities 2005: Activities: ISAK: Linköpings universitet". ISAK. Archived from the original on 18 April 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Worldcat book record 
- Rocker, Simon (6 June 2014). "Uncivil War: The Israel Conflict in the Jewish community". The Jewish Chronicle. Retrieved 22 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "All That Matters | Interesting introductions to important ideas". Allthatmattersbooks.com. Archived from the original on 22 September 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kahn, Keith. "Turbulent times: The British Jewish community today". Ekklesia. Retrieved 16 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
-  WorldCat book entry
- "Despatches from the Invisible Revolution | New Public Thinking #1: Reflections on 2011". New Public Thinking. 2012. Retrieved 22 September 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- [Worldcat book page 
- "Rabbi Dr Deborah Kahn-Harris". Who's Who. Liberal Judaism (United Kingdom). Retrieved 12 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)