||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||April 16, 1963|
|Education||BA in mathematics|
|Board member of||X.Org Foundation|
Packard is responsible for many X extensions and technical papers on X. He has been heavily involved in the development of X since the late 1980s as a member of the MIT X Consortium, XFree86 and the X.Org Foundation.
He then moved to Cambridge, Massachusetts to work at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology X Consortium from 1988 to 1992, developing the X Window System reference implementation and standards as the senior member of a small team. He was responsible for X releases at this time.
In 2003 he was ejected from XFree86. This led to the formation of the successful X.Org Server fork. He is now project lead on the X.org project, the official reference implementation of the X Window System.
Packard began working for Intel in August 2006.
Packard joined Debian's Technical committee in November 2013.
Software Packard has worked on
- X Window System extensions: XRender, XFixes, XDamage, XComposite, XRandR
- fontconfig, Xft
- Direct Rendering Infrastructure
- "The X.Org Foundation Board of Directors". Retrieved 2015-01-21.
- "Monitoring Your Console's Memory Usage, Part One". Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "OSCON 2011: O'Reilly Open Source Awards". 2011-07-28.
- "Schism hits key open-source group". Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Keith Packard Leaves Intel's Linux Graphics Work". Retrieved 2015-01-21.