|Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands|
1 February 2012[a] – 3 October 2016
|Preceded by||Tim Thorogood|
|Succeeded by||Barry Rowland|
|Director of Finance of the Falkland Islands|
1 July 2008 – 6 March 2012
|Chief Executive||Tim Thorogood|
|Preceded by||Derek Howatt|
|Succeeded by||Nicola Granger|
|a. ^ Served as interim Chief Executive until 6 March 2012.|
Keith Padgett is an English politician who served as Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands from 2012 to 2016. Before his appointed as Chief Executive, Padgett served as the islands' Financial Secretary from 2008, which was renamed Director of Finance with the implementation of the 2009 Constitution. He also acts as Director of Corporate Resources.
Padgett first came to the Falklands in 2001 to serve as Deputy Financial Secretary under Derek Howatt. He was a candidate for Chief Executive in 2007, losing out to Tim Thorogood. In 2008, he succeeded Howatt as Financial Secretary and in 2012 Padgett became Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands, taking over from Thorogood who resigned for family reasons.
As Chief Executive, Padgett led the Falkland Islands efforts to develop oil exploration in the Falklands Exclusive Economic Zone and assisted the Governor in leading commemorations for the 30th anniversary of the Falklands War in 2012. He presided over the sovereignty referendum in 2013, acting as returning officer, and also served as returning officer at the November 2013 general election.
- Robertson, Janet (6 March 2012). "New Chief Executive for Falkland Islands Government". Penguin News. Archived from the original on 31 July 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Falklands announces appointment of Interim Chief Executive". Penguin News. 27 January 2012. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Derek Howatt Announces Retirement Date". Falkland Islands Government. Falkland Islands News Network. 30 November 2007. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- Robertson, Janet (30 January 2012). "Keith Padgett interim Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands". MercoPress. Retrieved 1 February 2012.
- "Falkland Islands: Penguin News Weekly Update". Penguin News. MercoPress. 7 August 2007. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Interview: Falkland Islands Government ex-FD and CEO Keith Padgett". Financial Director. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Falklands turns out to commemorate Liberation Day and pay tribute to British Forces". MercoPress. 14 June 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Clear message to Argentina: 99.8% of Falkland Islanders want to stay British". MercoPress. 12 March 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- "Falkland's set to appoint Barry Rowland as new Chief Executive". MercoPress. 2 June 2016. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "Falklands' new Chief Executive has 30 years experience in England's public sector". MercoPress. 13 October 2016. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
(as Financial Secretary)
|Director of Finance of the Falkland Islands
|Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands
|This Falkland Islands-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|