This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2019)
|Alma mater||Liverpool University|
|Occupation||CMCO of Unilever|
|Title||Chief Marketing and Communications Officer|
Keith Charles Frederick Weed Unilever's CMCO, responsible for the marketing and communications functions, a role which also includes leadership of Unilever's sustainability agenda and the Unilever corporate brand. He held this role from 2010 to 2019. Before this he was Unilever's head of global home care & hygiene.(born 1961) was
Weed obtained a Bachelor of Engineering with First Class Honours from Liverpool University in 1983. In 2012 he was awarded an Honorary Doctorate from Southampton Solent University recognising his contributions to business.
Weed worked as an engineer after graduating university before joining Unilever in 1983 as a marketer. Throughout his career at Unilever, he has been chairman of Lever Fabergé and chairman of Unilever Export. He has worked for Unilever in the UK, France, the United States, both in global and regional roles across general management and marketing. More recently he was global head of Home Care & Hygiene. As Unilever's Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Weed is on Unilever's executive board with the Marketing, Communications and Sustainable Business teams reporting to him.
Since becoming CMCO, Weed has pioneered new ways of integrating sustainability in business and led the creation of a "sustainable living plan", which seeks to grow Unilever while reducing its environmental footprint and increasing its social impact. He also dissolved Unilever's corporate social responsibility department and has integrated sustainable growth throughout Unilever's business. In 2014, Weed gave a TED Talk about the global issue of climate change and argues that sustainability and economic growth can go hand-in-hand.
Weed has also directed significant advances in digital and influencer marketing and technologies within Unilever, championing the 3Vs of Viewability, Verification and Value across the industry. He is committed to tackling stereotypes – gender and beyond – in advertising through Unilever's #Unstereotype initiative and is the architect behind the #Unstereotype Alliance, co-created with UN Women, bringing together 24 companies to remove the portrayal of unhelpful stereotypes from their advertising by 2020.
Outside Unilever, Weed is the president of the Advertising Association, a fellow of The Marketing Society, of which he was president from 2003 to 2006, and is a fellow of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers. He was a non-executive director of Sun Products Corporation from 2008 to 2016. He is currently chairman of Business in the Community International, a board of trustees director for Business in the Community, a board director of the Effies. and a trustee of Grange Park Opera.
- Swant, Marty. "Unilever Promotes Veteran Marketer Conny Braams To Chief Digital And Marketing Officer". Forbes.
- "Keith Weed". 24 June 2014.
- "Market Leader Interview – Keith Weed, Chief Marketing and Communication Officer, Unilever".
- "Honorary graduates".
- "Unilever creates Lever Faberge in UK consolidation".
- "Keith Weed - World Economic Forum".
- "CMO Profile: Keith Weed Managing Marketing Strategy for Unilever". 24 March 2012.
- "Harvard Business Review - Reinventing the Chief Marketing Officer".
- "Our strategy for sustainable growth". Unilever global company website.
- "A new type of CSR: Why I disbanded Unilever's CSR department, in a nutshell". www.linkedin.com.
- Weed, Keith. "The power of transformative collaboration" – via www.ted.com.
- "Unilever's Keith Weed to put price on trust for tech giants". www.campaignlive.co.uk. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "Influencer marketing fraud – how big a problem is it?". The Drum. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- Sweney, Mark (22 June 2016). "Unilever vows to drop sexist stereotypes from its ads". Retrieved 9 May 2019 – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Unstereotype Alliance celebrates its first anniversary and launches new report 'Unstereotype: Beyond Gender. The Invisible Stereotypes'". UN Women. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "LinkedIn Top Voices 2016: The 15 must-know writers in the U.K." www.linkedin.com. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- Garland Worthington, Sue (9 March 2007). "Liveryman Keith Weed honoured as Marketers' Marketer in Campaign's Power 100". www.Marketors.org. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Global Marketer of the Year 2018". WFA. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- Rooney, Jennifer. "The World's Most Influential CMOs 2017". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-07-13.
- Rooney, Jenny. "The World's Most Influential CMOs 2018". Forbes. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "Unilever's chief marketing & comms officer, Keith Weed to receive The Drum's Lifetime Achievement Award". The Drum. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "HERoes: champions of women in business". Financial Times. 20 September 2018. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "Advertising Association names Unilever chief marketing and communications officer Keith Weed as President".
- "Keith Weed, Unilever NV: Profile & Biography".
- "BITC Our Board and Governance".
- "Effie". www.effie.org. Retrieved 2017-07-13.
- "Staff". Grange Park Opera.
- "RHS Council". RHS.
- "No. 63218". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2020. p. N9.