Kejsi Tola (2009)
|Born||2 May 1992|
Kejsi Tola (born 2 May 1992 in Tirana, Albania) is an Albanian singer. She was the winner of "Ethet" (Albanian Idol 2007). In May 2009 she represented Albania in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Moscow, Russia with "Carry Me In Your Dreams".
Biography and career
Her career started when she was 11 years old in the talent show "Young Voices of Albania", winning the first prize, and two-time winner of the "Young Voices of Shkodra".
In the first competition of "Gjeniu i Vogël" (Young Geniuses) she was one of the ten finalists. After a short break, at the age of 16, she entered "Ethet", Albanian version of Idol where after more than 2 months of competition, she was awarded as the winner. Later in 2008 winner of the Albanian Radio Television Song Contest with the song "Më merr në ëndërr" (Take me into your dreams), which later was released in English with the new title "Carry Me In Your Dreams".
She is currently studying in the artistic lyceum of Jordan Misja in Tirana.
Festivali i Këngës 2008, Eurovision Song Contest 2009
Tola represented Albania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Russia after winning the national final on December 21. She finished 17th with 48 points. Her song for the competition was called Carry Me in Your Dreams. Kejsi's entry has been submitted by Edmond Zhulali who was responsible for the nations very first Eurovision entry The Image of You in Eurovision Song Contest 2004 performed by Anjeza Shahini.
“I love singing and this is very important for me. Music gives me an inner strength, which I sometimes don’t show up in my daily life, but that comes out when on stage.” These are the words of Kejsi waiting to sing her dream in the Olimpiyski Indoor Arena in Moscow.
Festivali i Këngës 2009
Tola attempted to enter the Eurovision Song Contest again in 2010, for the second consecutive time, by participating in Festivali i Këngës 2009 on 27 December 2009. But she placed just 15th with her ballad "Ndonjëherë". Kejsi tried once more to represent Albania for the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 in Düsseldorf, Germany. However, her mid-tempo song "Pranë" did not go through the second semi-final during the selection process.
Festivali i Këngës 2012
In 2012, Tola attempted to enter the Eurovision Song Contest for third time in 2013. Her song is called S'jemi më atje (Eng.We're not there anymore). She finished 4th with 42 points.
- 2008 - "Një Minutë" (One Minute)
- 2008 - "Carry Me in Your Dreams"
- 2009 - "Qiellin do ta Prek me Ty" (I Will Touch the Sky with You)
- 2009 - "UAT" (ft. Shqiponjat)"
- 2009 - "Ndonjëherë" (Sometimes)
- 2010 - "Pranë" (Close)
- 2011 - "Më Jeto" (Live Me)
- 2012 - "Atje" (There)
- 2012 - "Perëndeshë e Fantazisë" (Goddess of Fantasy)
- 2012 - "S’jemi më atje" (We're Not There Anymore)
- 2014 - "Iceberg"
Awards and nominations
|2009||"Carry Me In Your Dreams"||Contestant||17th|
|2008||"Carry Me In Your Dreams"||First Prize||Won|
|2009||"Qiellin Do Ta Prek Me Ty"||The First Magic||Won|
|2011||"Me Jeto"||Best Vocal||Won|
|2012||"Perendeshe e Fantazise"||AMC Fun Page Prize||Won|
|2015||"Iceberg"||Song of the Year||Nominated|
- Kesi Tola to the finals
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2009 Final | Final | Eurovision Song Contest - Baku 2012". Eurovision.tv. Archived from the original on 2009-07-07. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- Albania: Complete line-up revealed
- "Kejsi Tola - Carry Me In Your Dreams (Albania 2009) | Participant Profile | Eurovision Song Contest - Baku 2012". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- Hondal, Victor (2009-11-25). "Festivali i Këngës to be held over four shows". ESCToday. Retrieved 25 November 2009.
- Brey, Marco (2009-11-26). "Albania: National Final to kick off on Christmas Eve". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
|Awards and achievements|
with Zemrën e lamë peng
| Albania in the Eurovision Song Contest
with It's All About You