Kel-Tec P-32, blued finish
|Place of origin||United States|
|Used by||Civilians and off-duty Police|
|Manufacturer||Kel-Tec CNC Industries Inc.|
|Weight||8 oz (187 g) unloaded; 10.1 oz (266 g) fully loaded.|
|Length||5.07 in (129 mm)|
|Barrel length||2.68 in (68 mm)|
|Width||0.75 in (19 mm)|
|Height||3.50 in (89 mm)|
|Feed system||7 or 10-round magazine|
|Sights||Fixed, iron (two variants)|
The Kel-Tec P-32 is a sub-compact semi-automatic pistol using the short-recoil principle of operation that is chambered in .32 ACP. It was designed by George Kellgren. It is manufactured by Kel-Tec CNC Industries Inc., of Cocoa, Florida and was designed for concealed carry by civilians and by law enforcement officers as a back-up gun.
Similar in concept to a revolver, the P-32 has no manual safety, relying instead on the long double-action trigger pull and an internal hammer block to provide safe operation. The pistol meets SAAMI guidelines, and will not fire if dropped. The P-32 has passed extensive SAAMI drop-testing at the H. P. White labs, as well as drop tests to military specifications. The trigger must physically be pulled for the gun to fire.
The P-32 is made of the following materials: SAE 4140 ordnance steel for the barrel and slide; 7075-T6 aluminum for the internal frame which houses the firing mechanism (machined from a solid block of aluminum); and Dupont ST-8018 ultra-high-impact polymer for the checkered grip, frame, and trigger.
- Hogg, Ian; Walter, John (29 August 2004). Pistols of the World. David & Charles. p. 188. ISBN 0-87349-460-1.
- Eimer, Bruce N. (7 June 2012). Armed - The Essential Guide to Concealed Carry. Iola, Wisconsin: Krause Publications. p. 111-113. ISBN 1-4402-3002-1.
- Ayoob, Massad (2012). Gun Digest’s Backup Guns for Concealed Carry eShort: Get the best backup gun tips and inside advice on concealed carry handguns, CCW laws & more. Iola, Wisconsin: Gun Digest Books. p. 12. ISBN 1-4402-3423-X.
Today tiny 32 autos like the Seecamp, the north american Arms Guardian and the irresistably slim and light Kel-Tec P32 have found their way into the backup position on the bodies of many police officers and armed citizens alike.
- "Kel-Tec P-32 Pistol". Kel-Tec CNC Industries Inc.
- Staff (2004). "Pocket Pistols Kel-Tec's 380 And 32 ACPs Versus NAA". Gun tests.