Osemele with the Baltimore Ravens in 2013
|No. 70 Oakland Raiders|
|Date of birth:||June 24, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Houston, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||330 lb (150 kg)|
|High school:||Houston (TX) Langham Creek|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 60|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2016|
Kelechi Keith Ayo Osemele (// //; kay-LAY-chee oh-SEM-u-lee; born June 24, 1989) is an American football offensive guard for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Iowa State University. He was selected by the Baltimore Ravens in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft, and was a rookie starter throughout the team's Super Bowl XLVII championship run that season.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5½ in||333 lb||35⅞ in||10¼ in||5.36 s||1.84 s||2.97 s||4.87 s||7.91 s||26¼ in||8 ft 8 in||32 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine.|
Osemele was selected in the second round (60th overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Ravens. He started at right tackle in every Ravens game during his rookie season. He replaced the injured Jah Reid at left guard for the Ravens' playoff run. This, along with the insertion of Bryant McKinnie at left tackle and the move of Michael Oher to right tackle, solidified the offensive line. With the Ravens finishing 10-6, the team won the AFC North pennant and eventually won Super Bowl XLVII over the San Francisco 49ers, making Osemele's rookie year successful giving him his first championship title.
On November 1, 2013, it was announced Osemele would have back surgery. After playing seven games, he would finish the rest of the 2013 season on injured reserve.
Osemele successfully recovered from back surgery and started all but two games for the Ravens in the 2014 season.
Osemele signed a five-year $60 million contract with the Oakland Raiders on March 8, 2016. He was selected to his first Pro Bowl for the 2016 season along with fellow Raider offensive linemen Donald Penn and Rodney Hudson. He was also named First-team All-Pro.
- Zrebiec, Jeff. "Ravens rookie offensive lineman Kelechi Osemele credits a complicated past with opening up his future," The Baltimore Sun, Saturday, August 25, 2012.
- "Kelechi". Online Nigeria. Retrieved February 21, 2015.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Kelechi Osemele".
- "Baltimore Ravens: Kelechi Osemele".
- The resurgent offensive line contributed to the Ravens' success in the postseason leading to Osemele earning his first Super Bowl ring on February 3, 2013 in New Orleans. Vensel, Matt. "Kelechi Osemele fared well in move from tackle to guard," The Baltimore Sun, Wednesday, January 9, 2013.
- Zrebiec, Jeff (November 1, 2013). "Kelechi Osemele likely done for year, headed for back surgery". Retrieved 2014-08-03.
- "Oakland Raiders Sign Free Agent Offensive Lineman Kelechi Osemele".
- "NFL announces 2017 Pro Bowl rosters". NFL.com. December 20, 2016.
- "Three rookies, Matt Ryan among players named to All-Pro team". NFL.com. January 6, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kelechi Osemele.|