Osemele at Ravens M&T Bank Stadium practice in August 2013.
|No. 72 Baltimore Ravens|
|Date of birth:||June 24, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Houston, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||330 lb (150 kg)|
|High school:||Houston (TX) Langham Creek|
|NFL draft:||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 60|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Kelechi Keith Ayo Osemele (// //; kay-LAY-chee oh-SEM-u-lee; born June 24, 1989) is an American football offensive guard for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL). Osemele was born and raised in Houston, Texas and played college football for Iowa State University. The Baltimore Ravens selected Osemele in the second round (60th overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft.
Entering his senior season at Iowa State in 2011, Osemele had started 30 consecutive games. He was a second team all Big 12 selection in 2009 and an honorable mention in 2010.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5½ in||333 lb||35⅞ in||10¼ in||5.36 s||1.84 s||2.97 s||4.87 s||7.91 s||26¼ in||8 ft 8 in||32 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine.|
Osemele was selected in the second round (60th overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Ravens. He started at right tackle in every Ravens game during his rookie season. He replaced the injured Jah Reid at left guard for the ballclub's playoff run. This, along with the insertion of Bryant McKinnie at left tackle and the move of Michael Oher to right tackle, solidified the offensive line. Osemele started 14 games for the Ravens during his rookie year. With the Ravens finishing 10-6, the team won the AFC North pennant and eventually winning Super Bowl XLVII over the San Francisco 49ers, making Osemele's rookie year successful giving him his first championship title.
On November 1, 2013, it was announced Osemele would have back surgery. After playing seven games, he would finish the rest of the 2013 season on injured reserve.
Osemele successfully recovered from back surgery and started all 16 games for the Ravens in 2014.
- Zrebiec, Jeff. "Ravens rookie offensive lineman Kelechi Osemele credits a complicated past with opening up his future," The Baltimore Sun, Saturday, August 25, 2012.
- "Kelechi". Online Nigeria. Retrieved February 21, 2015.
- NFL Combine Profile
- The resurgent offensive line contributed to the Ravens' success in the postseason leading to Osemele earning his first Super Bowl ring on February 3, 2013 in New Orleans. Vensel, Matt. "Kelechi Osemele fared well in move from tackle to guard," The Baltimore Sun, Wednesday, January 9, 2013.
- Zrebiec, Jeff (November 1, 2013). "Kelechi Osemele likely done for year, headed for back surgery". Retrieved 2014-08-03.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- NFL Combine bio
- Iowa State Cyclones bio
- Baltimore Ravens bio