1 March 1994 |
Auburn, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||181 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||102 kg (16 st 1 lb)|
As of 5 July 2017
Kelepi Tanginoa (born 1 March 1994) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who currently plays for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the National Rugby League. He plays at second-row and lock, and previously played for the Parramatta Eels and North Queensland Cowboys.
Born in Auburn, New South Wales, Tanginoa played his junior football for the Canley Heights Dragons, CVD Edensor Park Cobras and Cabramatta Two Blues before being signed by the Parramatta Eels, playing for their Harold Matthews Cup, SG Ball Cup and NYC teams. He attended Westfields Sport High School where he represented the Australian Schoolboys in 2012. In 2010, Tanginoa represented the New South Wales under-16s side and in 2012 represented the New South Wales under-18s.
In Round 2 of the 2013 NRL season, Tanginoa made his NRL debut for the Eels against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. In April, Tanginoa played for the New South Wales Under 20s team. He played 9 games for the Eels in his rookie year before succumbing to a fractured hand and then a stress fracture in his right foot.
In July 2013, Tanginoa re-signed with the Eels on a 2-year contract.
On 27 September 2015, Tanginoa played in the Townsville Blackhawks' Intrust Super Cup Grand Final loss to the Ipswich Jets. Tanginoa was a member of the Cowboys' 2015 Premiership winning squad, though he did not take part in the Grand Final.
On 21 October 2015, Tanginoa signed a 1-year contract to return to the Parramatta Eels, after being released from the final year of his Cowboys contract. He would spend the season playing for the Wentworthville Magpies in the NSW Cup.
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2015 season 
- "Kelepi Tanginoa - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20131203060457/http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Recruitment-and-Retention-Update/78792. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2015. Missing or empty
- "Tanginoa to join the". Cowboys. 2014-08-29. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "North Queensland Cowboys hoping they’ve found a ready replacement for departing Tariq Sims after signing Kelepi Tanginoa.". Townsville Bulletin. 2014-08-29. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "Eels sign trio for 2016 | NRL". Zero Tackle. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "Blackhawks fullback Jahrome Hughes earns Cowboys contract". Townsville Bulletin. 2015-10-09. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- Kelepi begins life at Manly
- "Kelepi Tanginoa - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. 1994-03-01. Retrieved 2015-10-22.