Carlton J. Kell High School
|Carlton J. Kell High School|
4770 Lee Waters Road
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Cobb County School District|
|Principal||Dr. Andy Bristow|
|Teaching staff||83.10 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||18.63|
|Color(s)||Copper and black|
Carlton J. Kell High School is a public high school in the Cobb County School District in the US state of Georgia. The school is located in Marietta, just northwest of Atlanta. The school was founded in 2002 and serves students in the Cobb County area. It is also an Advanced Placement Certified School. The school mascot is the Longhorn, and the school colors are copper, black, and white. An Advanced Placement certified school, Kell hosts 1,818 students. The school has 411 staff and faculty, 157 of whom are teachers. As of 2016 the principal is Dr. Andy Bristow. Among Kell's rivals are Lassiter High School and Sprayberry High School.
Carlton J. Kell High School was established in 2002. It was named after a prominent coach in the Cobb County School District.
This section does not cite any sources. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- John Flatt, 2002-2004
- Michael D. Johnson, 2004-2007
- Trudie Donovan, 2007-2012
- Ed Wagner, 2012–2016
- Andy Bristow, 2016–present
The demographic breakdown of the 1568 students enrolled for the school year 2012-2013 was:
- Male - 52.1%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.8%
- Asian/Pacific Islander - 2.6%
- Black - 21.5%
- Female - 47.9%
- Hispanic - 10.4%
- White - 61.6%
- Multiracial - 3.1%
Additionally, 32.6% of the enrolled students qualified for free or reduced lunch.
- Jonathan Dwyer, 2007, football player; played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals
- Christine Ko, 2006, actress
- Mike Will Made It, 2007, producer
- Adam Morgan, 2008, professional baseball player for the Philadelphia Phillies
- Ben Paulsen, 2006, professional baseball player
- Zeke Spruill, 2008, professional baseball player for the Lamigo Monkeys of the CPBL
- Lucas Till, 2008, actor
- Brendan Langley, 2013, NFL cornerback for the Denver Broncos
- Quincy Mauger, (2013), NFL Safety for Atlanta Falcons.
- "Kell High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Kell High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- Kell High School Faculties Archived September 17, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- "about". carltonjkellhighschool.com. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Steelers' Jonathan Dwyer returns to Kell High School". My Fox Atlanta. May 31, 2013. Archived from the original on June 5, 2014. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- Black, Stephen; Schutter, Chris (August 15, 2013). "Kell High School". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- Carrington, Adam (June 8, 2011). "Morgan leads local draft crop". Marietta Daily Journal. Archived from the original on April 11, 2013. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- White, Carlton D. (June 22, 2011). "Kell product Spruill climbs in Braves' system". Marietta Daily Journal. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- Eubanks, Elissa. "Local actor in 'Hannah Montana: The Movie'". Access Atlanta. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- Christian Smith, Eric (October 3, 2016). "Former Kell standout Brendan Langley reaching his potential at Lamar". Marietta Daily Journal. Retrieved November 26, 2017.