Armstrong at a book-signing in 2010
|Born||Kelley L. Armstrong|
14 December 1968
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
|Genre||Fantasy, horror, crime, romance|
She has published thirty-one fantasy novels to date[update], thirteen in her Women of the Otherworld series, five in her Cainsville series, two in her Rockton series, three in her Darkest Powers series, three in her Darkness Rising trilogy and three in the Age of Legends series, and three stand-alone teen thrillers. She has also published three middle-grade fantasy novels in the Blackwell Pages trilogy, with co-author Melissa Marr. As well, she is the author of three crime novels, the Nadia Stafford trilogy. She has also written several serial novellas and short stories for the Otherworld series, some of which are available free from her website.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Description of work
- 3 Bibliography
- 3.1 The Women of the Otherworld series
- 3.2 The Nadia Stafford series
- 3.3 The Darkest Powers series
- 3.4 Cainsville series
- 3.5 The Age of Legends series
- 3.6 The Blackwell Pages Trilogy
- 3.7 Rockton novels
- 3.8 Other short stories
- 3.9 Kelley Armstrong Collections
- 4 References
- 5 External links
"I’m a former computer programmer, but I have escaped my corporate cubicle and hope never to return."
Her first novel Bitten was sold in 1999, and it was released in 2001. Following her first success she has written a total of 13 novels and a number of novellas in the world of the Women of the Otherworld series, and her first crime novel, Exit Strategy, was released July 2007. Armstrong has been a full-time writer and parent since 2002.
Her novel No Humans Involved was a New York Times bestseller in the hardback fiction category on 20 May 2007. Also, her YA novel The Awakening was a No. 1 New York Times bestseller in the Children's Chapter books category on 17 May 2009.
Description of work
Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series is part of a recently popular contemporary fantasy subgenre of the fantasy genre that superimposes supernatural characters upon a backdrop of contemporary North American life, with strong romantic elements. Within that subgenre, she is notable for including many types of supernatural characters, including witches, sorcerers, werewolves, necromancers, ghosts, shamans, demons and vampires, rather than limiting herself primarily to a single type of supernatural creature. Most of her works have a mystery genre plot, with leading characters investigating some novel situation or unsolved question.
In the Otherworld novels, most supernatural powers are either hereditary, or arise from the act of an existing supernatural of the same type. The Otherworld, while it has overarching conflicts and plotlines that span multiple novels is not an epic battle between good and evil. The novels are largely episodic with the continuing plotlines primarily involving the developing lives of the main characters.
The Women of the Otherworld series
- Bitten (2001)
- Stolen (2002)
- Dime Store Magic (2004)
- Industrial Magic (2004)
- Haunted (2005)
- Broken (2006)
- No Humans Involved (2007)
- Personal Demon (2008)
- Living with the Dead (2008)
- Frostbitten (2009)
- Waking the Witch (2010)
- Spell Bound (2011)
- Thirteen (2012; final novel)
- Witch Magic (SFBC Omnibus Edition), released in 2004 in the UK, was a republication of Dime Store Magic and Industrial Magic in one volume.
- All other stories may be found on the series' main article.
The Nadia Stafford series
- Exit Strategy (novel, published July 2007)
- Made to be Broken (novel, published February 2009)
- Wild Justice (novel, published late 2013)
The Darkest Powers series
The Darkest Powers trilogy
- The Summoning (novel, published July 2008)
- The Awakening (novel, published April 2009)
- The Reckoning (novel, published April 2010)
- The short story Dangerous chronologically 0.4 has Derek as the narrator and is available online.
- The short story Kat chronologically 0.5 can be found in the anthology The Eternal Kiss (2009)  and free online.
- The short storiey Divided chronologically 1.5 has Derek as the narrator and is available online.
- A short story called Disenchanted chronologically 2.5 is narrated by Tori and a very small portion in Simon's view.
- The short story Facing Facts chronologically 3.4 is published in the anthology Enthralled (2011) 
- The short story Hunting Kat chronologically 3.5 can be found in the anthology Kisses From Hell (2010)  and as a standalone eBook
- The novella Belonging, narrated by Derek and chronologically 3.6, is available in the eBook Darkest Powers Tales
The Darkness Rising trilogy
- The Gathering (novel, published 12 April 2011)
- The Calling (novel, published 10 April 2012)
- The Rising (novel, published 2 April 2013)
- The short story The New Guy is set after The Gathering and narrated by Maya
- The novella Atoning is set after The Rising and narrated by Chloe, it is available as an eBook
- Omens (novel, published 20 August 2013)
- Visions (novel, published 19 August 2014)
- Deceptions (novel, published August 2015)
- Betrayal (novel, published August 2016)
- Rituals (novel, published August 2017)
The Age of Legends series
- Sea of Shadows (novel, published 2014)
- Empire of Night (novel, published 2015)
- Forest of Ruin (novel, published 2016)
The Blackwell Pages Trilogy
- Loki's Wolves (as K. L. Armstrong, with Melissa Marr) (2013)
- Odin's Ravens (as K. L. Armstrong, with Melissa Marr) (May 2014)
- Thor's Serpent (as K. L. Armstrong, with Melissa Marr) (May 2015)
Other short stories
- Plan B (in the collection Like a Charm)
- Death Dealer (in the collection Dying for It: Tales of Sex and Death)
- Harbinger (in the collection Campus Chills)
- A Haunted House of Her Own (in Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the 50th Anniversary)
- Devil May Care (in Led Astray: The Best of Kelley Armstrong) (2015)
- The Screams of Dragons (in Led Astray: The Best of Kelley Armstrong) (2015)
Kelley Armstrong Collections
- Men of the Otherworld (2010)
- Tales of the Otherworld (2012)
- Otherworld Nights (2014)
- Darkest Powers Tales (2015)
- Led Astray: The Best of Kelley Armstrong (multi-series collection, September 2015)
- Otherworld Secrets (January 2016)
- Otherworld Chills (October 2016)
- Bio for school projects (archive)
- "BEST SELLERS: May 20, 2007". New York Times. 20 May 2007.
- "CHILDREN'S BEST SELLERS: CHAPTER BOOKS: Sunday, May 17th 2009". New York Times. 17 May 2009.
- Author's book summary for Exit Strategy
- Author's book summary for final Stafford book Archived 8 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Darkest Powers Bonus Pack 1
- Eternal Kiss
- Facing Facts
- Kisses From Hell
- Darkest Powers Tales
- Kelley Armstrong – Omens: A Cainsville Novel cover art, release date and synopsis unveiled, archived from the original on 12 November 2012, retrieved 2 November 2012)
- actual printed version of book
- Deceptions - Kelley Armstrong, retrieved January 7, 2014
- Betrayal - Kelley Armstrong, retrieved November 13, 2017
- Rituals - Kelley Armstrong, retrieved November 13, 2017