Berglund at the Captain America: Civil War premiere in 2016
February 9, 1996 |
Moorpark, California, U.S.
Kelli Berglund (born February 9, 1996) is an American actress, model, and singer. She is known for portraying Bree Davenport, a bionic teenager with lightning speed, in the Disney XD series Lab Rats, and its spinoff Lab Rats: Elite Force. In 2014 she starred in the Disney Channel Original Movie, How to Build a Better Boy, where she portrays Mae Hartley, a tech-savvy young woman who along with her best friend, devises a plan to create the perfect boyfriend.
Berglund began her career at a young age, gracing the small screen as a series regular on TLC's Hip Hop Harry. TV appearances also include Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, and America's Next Producer. Berglund also appeared in the indie film, Bye Bye Benjamin. Her commercial credits include campaigns for Old Navy, Hyundai, Bratz, McDonald's and Mattel, among others. She has also appeared in print and modeling campaigns for Reebok and the Camarillo Academy of Performing Arts. Berglund has been honored with many awards in dance for her lyrical contemporary and jazz. Though she is equally versatile in these types of dance, her favorite style is contemporary — a blend of ballet and jazz.
Berglund stars as Bree, an overly outgoing, bionic super-human with super speed, in the Disney XD live-action comedy series Lab Rats alongside co-stars: Tyrel Jackson Williams, Billy Unger, and Spencer Boldman. Bree is one of the three bionic teen siblings, who try to navigate their way through a "normal" world of school, friends and family, with the occasional bionic glitch. She continued to play Bree on Lab Rats' spinoff series Lab Rats: Elite Force which premieres in 2016.
In 2013, Berglund guest starred on the Disney XD series Kickin' It, where she played karate prodigy Sloane Jennings. In this episode, her character sings "Had Me @ Hello" as a duet with Kim Crawford, played by Olivia Holt. In mid-2013, Berglund began work on the Disney Channel Original Movie, How to Build a Better Boy, in which she stars as Mae Hartley, one of the two main roles. The film is directed by Paul Hoen and premiered on August 15, 2014. She sings "Something Real" with China Anne McClain which was released on July 29, 2014.
Berglund was born and raised in Moorpark, California, where she continues to live with her parents, Mark and Michelle Berglund, and younger sister, Kirra. She is a graduate of Moorpark High School's independent study program. In her spare time, she enjoys swimming and photography.
|2006||Bye Bye Benjamin||Birthday Party Guest||Short film|
|2016||Raising the Bar||Kelly Johnson|
|2006–2008||Hip Hop Harry||Herself||Recurring role|
|2012–2016||Lab Rats||Bree Davenport||Main role|
|2013||Kickin' It||Sloane Jennings||Episode: "The New Girl"|
|2014||How to Build a Better Boy||Mae Hartley||Disney Channel Original Movie|
|2016||Lab Rats: Elite Force||Bree Davenport||Main role|
|2016||Dolly Parton's Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love||Willadeene Parton||Television film|
|2014||"Do You Want to Build a Snowman?"
(among Disney Channel Circle of Stars)
(with China Anne McClain)
- Kelli Berglund (February 9, 2015). "Kelli Berglund on Twitter: "'tis my birthday selfie. | #19"". Twitter.com. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- RADIO DISNEY (February 9, 2015). "RADIO DISNEY on Twitter: "Happy Birthday @kelliberglund!"". Twitter.com. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- ""Check out our list of talented "triple threats" for theatrical film & TV, commercial, dance and stage!"". morezap. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- Bentley, Amy (February 8, 2012). "Moorpark teen lands role in Disney XD series". Ventura County Star. Archived from the original on July 30, 2015. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Check Out Lab Rats' Kelli Berglund". Fanlala. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- Ng, Philiana (July 31, 2013). "'A.N.T. Farm,' 'Lab Rats' Stars to Topline Disney Channel TV Movie". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Lab Rats’ Kelli Berglund’s "My Life"!". bopandtigerbeat. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Kelli Berglund". Disney XD Press. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (September 3, 2015). "Disney XD Greenlights ‘Lab Rats’ and ‘Mighty Med’ Spinoff Series". Variety. Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 3, 2015). "Lab Rats & Mighty Med Spin-off Series to Succeed the Two Comedies on Disney XD". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 3, 2015.
- "'Lab Rats' Kelli Berglund Guest Stars on Disney XD's Kickin' It". Fanlala. September 20, 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- "China Anne McClain, Kelli Berglund & Ashley Argota Starring in Disney Channel Original Movie "How to Build a Better Boy"". shineon-media. August 1, 2013. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- "Something Real - China Anne McClain and Kelli Berglund". Amazon. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (June 28, 2016). "Disney Star Kelli Berglund Joins NBC's Dolly Parton's Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love (Exclusive)". Variety. Retrieved November 15, 2016.