|Born||1974 (age 44–45)|
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
|Education||Texas Woman's University|
Kelli Connell is a contemporary American photographer. Connell is known for creating portraits, which may appear as self-portraits, similar to the portrait work by Cindy Sherman. Her work is held in the collections of Microsoft, the Columbus Museum of Art, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, the Museum of Contemporary Photography and the Dallas Museum of Art.
Personal life and education
Kelli Connell was born in 1974 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. She earned a Master of Fine Arts from Texas Woman's University in 2003 and a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of North Texas in 1997. Kelli was a resident at the CentralTrak Artist Residency in 2004.
Kelli Connell became a photographer to explore how photography can raise questions. In her series Double Life, she seeks to question ideas of identity, gender roles, and expectations made by society on the individual. The series, which depicts a woman in a romantic relationship with herself, shows the "couple" having intimate and private moments in their lives. In an interview for The Advocate, Connell named Roni Horn, Francesca Woodman, James Turrell, and Seiichi Furuya as artists from whom she draws inspiration. Connell worked with the same model over a series of years to produce the work. She teaches at Columbia College Chicago.
- Kelli Connell (2007). "Bio & Resume". Kelli Connell. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- Leo Costello. "Kelli Connell: Double Life". Art Lies. Archived from the original on 26 February 2013. Retrieved 22 January 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Martha Schwendener (2007). "Art in Review; Kelli Connell". Arts. New York Times. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- Christopher Harrity (2012). "Artist Spotlight: Kelli Connell". Photography. The Advocate. Archived from the original on 24 January 2012. Retrieved 22 January 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Biography & Links". Kelli Connell. artnet. 2012. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- Official website for Kelli Connell