Giddish at Comic Con 2009
|Education||Forsyth Central High School|
|Alma mater||University of Evansville|
Lawrence Faulborn (m. 2015)
Kelli Giddish (born April 13, 1980) is an American television, stage, and film actress. She plays the role of NYPD Detective Amanda Rollins in the NBC television legal crime drama series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2011–present), previously portrayed Di Henry on the ABC soap opera All My Children (2005–07), starred in the Fox crime drama series Past Life (2010); and the NBC crime drama series Chase (2010–11).
Giddish was born in Cumming, Georgia. She is the daughter of Charles and Nita Giddish, and has a brother named Eli. Her paternal grandfather nudged her interest in acting along by taking her to the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Her maternal grandmother was also very supportive of her interests. She was also an athlete and member of her high school's championship softball team. Giddish graduated from the University of Evansville in Indiana, where she majored in Theatre Performance.
2005-2010: Early career
Giddish portrayed Diana Henry on soap opera All My Children from 2005 to 2007. In July 2007, it was confirmed by Soap Opera Weekly magazine that Giddish and All My Children parted ways in a mutual decision and that she would make her final appearance as Di on September 19, 2007. Giddish appeared in the thriller film Death in Love (2008), which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, and played the role of Courtney in the web series The Burg. The same people responsible for The Burg also created All's Faire in which Giddish played the role of Cindy.
Giddish, Nicholas Bishop, and Ravi Patel were cast in Fox's reincarnation drama pilot Past Life. The WBTV-produced reincarnation project revolved around past-life investigators. Giddish played a Ph.D. in psychology and cognitive research who believes in reincarnation. It was announced on May 18, 2009 that Fox had officially placed Past Life on their midseason 2010 schedule to air at 9:00 PM EST on Tuesdays. It premiered on February 9, 2010, and was canceled on February 18.
Giddish starred as the central character, U.S. Marshal Annie Frost, in the police procedural drama Chase, which premiered on NBC in fall 2010. Giddish received rave reviews for her ability to play the lead character in the series, but it was pulled in early February 2011. On April 6, 2011, NBC decided to air five new episodes of Chase on Saturday nights with the first beginning on April 23, 2011.
2011–present: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
This section needs to be updated. In particular: Information only goes as far as the end of her first season.February 2019)(
It was announced on June 27, 2011 that Giddish would join the cast of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for its thirteenth season along with Cold Case's Danny Pino coinciding with Christopher Meloni's departure from the series. Giddish told TV Guide during summer filming; "Everybody on the set is really excited and energized. They've lost a family member with Chris Meloni leaving, but they've been very accepting of us. Amanda is thrilled to be here working with these people, and so am I."
Giddish made her debut as Detective Amanda Rollins in the 13th-season premiere, "Scorched Earth", in which the character first works alongside Detective Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay). In an interview with TV Guide, Giddish said about her character, "My character is in complete awe of Olivia, Amanda's really eager to get in there because she knows her stuff and really eager to learn. She has come from Atlanta and there was a ceiling there, so she's come up to New York." Giddish felt great about joining the series in its 13th season, "I couldn't feel better about it. ... There's no intimidation, what attracted me was the prospect of re-invigorating a franchise that's been so well-known and so well-liked, and then to be the shaker and mover." Giddish expressed confidence that viewers would warm up to Rollins and another new character, Nick Amaro (Pino), with time. "They're going to love us because it's not being forced in their faces," she says. "The more you know about us and the more you see us in your living room, the more you're hopefully going to love us."
At the end of season 13 of Law & Order: SVU, she weighed in on her first season, and she said she and Pino received not only a "very warm welcome" from SVU's cast and crew, but saw their respective characters explored more than they could hope for in their first season. "They've given me a lot to work with — and I hope they give me more next season," says Giddish. "We're still playing 'musical chairs' in terms of partners, and that's a great way to go about exploring the different characters."
Giddish's castmate Ice-T, who has portrayed Detective Odafin Tutuola since the show's second season, praised both Giddish and Pino in the wake of Meloni's departure, "We had to regroup, like a football team," said Ice-T. "The quarterback changed, but we still had to move the ball down the field. And we did well... Danny came in, strong. Kelli came in, strong. And we shut down the doubters."
In May 2018, Giddish appeared in the music video for Body Count's “All Love is Lost” from their newest album, Bloodlust, featuring Soulfly lead singer and former Sepultura founder Max Cavalera. The band also includes Giddish's Special Victims Unit co-star, Ice-T.
Giddish married Lawrence Faulborn on June 20, 2015, in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. She gave birth to the couple's first child, a son named Ludo, in October 2015. Giddish gave birth to the couple's second child, a son named Charlie, in November 2018. Both of her pregnancies were written into Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
|2005||Witches of the Caribbean||Clara|
|2008||Death in Love||Young Mother|
|2005–07||All My Children||Diana "Di" Henry||Series regular|
|2006–09||The Burg||Courtney||Web-series, 13 episodes|
|2007||Damages||Heather MacDonald||Episodes: "Sort of Like a Family", "Because I Know Patty"|
|2007||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Dana Stipe||Episode: "Depths"|
|2007||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Kara Bawson||Episode: "Outsider"|
|2008||Without a Trace||Ariana Murphy||Episode: "Rise and Fall"|
|2009||Life on Mars||Carol||Episode: "Coffee, Tea or Annie"|
|2010||Past Life||Dr. Kate McGinn||Series regular, 9 episodes|
|2010–11||Chase||Annie Frost||Series regular, 18 episodes|
|2011, 2014||The Good Wife||Sophia Russo||Episodes: "Getting Off", "Closing Arguments", "A New Day", "The Line"|
|2011–present||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Det. Amanda Rollins||Series regular|
|2014||Chicago Fire||Episode: "Nobody Touches Anything"|
|2014–15||Chicago P.D.||Episodes: "Conventions", "They'll Have to Go Through Me", "The Number of Rats"|
- "Kelli Giddish Biography". TVGuide.com. Archived from the original on June 29, 2016. Retrieved 2013-07-23. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Kelli Giddish". IMDb. Retrieved 2019-06-10.
- "Forsyth Central graduate rising star". NorthFulton.com. Archived from the original on 2013-07-16. Retrieved 2013-07-23. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Daed Hollywood link". Archived from the original on February 23, 2009. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Breaking News - FOX ANNOUNCES PRIMETIME SLATE FOR 2009-2010 SEASON | TheFutonCritic.com
- "NBC Picks Up New Drama Series 'Chase,' From Jerry Bruckheimer, For 2010-11 Season" (Press release). NBC Universal. 2009-05-10. Archived from the original on 2012-10-26. Retrieved 2009-05-23. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Seidman, Robert (February 3, 2011). "NBC Yanks 'Chase' from Schedule; Another Swing and Miss for Team Jerry Bruckheimer". Retrieved February 8, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (June 27, 2011). "NBC Signs Kelli Giddish (Chase) and Danny Pino (Cold Case) as New Detectives for Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- Rudolph, Ileane (August 25, 2011). "Fall TV First Look: Kelli Giddish and Danny Pino on Law & Order: SVU". TV Guide. Retrieved August 25, 2011.
- Stanhope, Kate (September 20, 2011). "Kelli Giddish on Law & Order: SVU's New Recruits: The Fans Are Going to Love Us". TV Guide. Retrieved May 28, 2012.
- Mitovich, Matt (May 23, 2012). "SVU Stars Weigh In on Season of Transition, Tease Cliffhanger Finale: 'It Doesn't End Well!'". TVLine. Retrieved May 28, 2012.
- Martin, Annie (July 30, 2015). "Kelli Giddish of 'Law & Order: SVU' married and pregnant". UPI. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- Mendelson, Will (October 6, 2015). "Law & Order: SVU Star Kelli Giddish Welcomes Her First Child: Photo". Us Weekly. United States. Retrieved October 6, 2015.
- Abrahamson, Rachel Paula (November 14, 2018). "'Law & Order: SVU' Star Kelli Giddish Gives Birth to Her Second Child". Us Weekly. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- "@bornfaul on Instagram: "#WelcomehomeCharlie"". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- Grossman, Lena (September 20, 2018). "Law & Order: SVU Star Kelli Giddish Pregnant With Baby No. 2". E!. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- Harnick, Chris (September 23, 2015). "Kelli Giddish on Her Law & Order: SVU Baby Surprise and What's Ahead for Rollins". E!. Retrieved February 3, 2019.