Kelly Ann Woodland
|Kelly Ann Woodland|
|Birth name||Kelly-Ann Bishop |
|Show||STV News (Central)|
|Previous show(s)||Scotland Today (2005-2009)|
While still at university Woodland had her first experience in the media industry as a researcher for STV's weekly politics programme Platform. After graduating from the University of Glasgow in 2002 with a masters degree in politics and sociology  Woodland started work at Castle Rock FM in Dumbarton as a news reporter and bulletin reader. She joined STV in 2003 as a news assistant. Woodland was quickly promoted to production journalist and then finally reporter after a few years. From 2010 Woodland became the regular early morning presenter of the STV News on Daybreak/ Good Morning Britain(GMB). In recent years, Woodland has become one of STV's main reporters and the stand in presenter for all of their news programmes including the STV Glasgow and Edinburgh 6 o'clock news and also Scotland Tonight.
In September 2018 STV re-launched their flag-ship 6 o'clock news programme for the central belt of Scotland . The new format combined the existing Edinburgh and Glasgow programmes into one co-anchored programme that contained sections that opted out to east or west stories, mixed with sections that were co-anchored from both locations with links being shared by both presenters. Kelly-Ann was chosen to anchor from the Edinburgh studio with John MacKay anchoring from the glasgow studio.
In 2013, Woodland paired up with celebrity make-up artist Annette Wiseman to launched a new website Lipstick Lounge. The site features video tutorials on how to do your make-up like a pro, while also have interviews with people to share tips and beauty secrets.
- Greenaway, Heather. "STV newsgirl Kelly-Ann Bishop finds love with man behind the camera". Daily Record. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "STV launches new co-anchored six o'clock news programme". stv.tv. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "Voting memories: Presenters talk about the first time they cast their vote". Stv.tv. 2016-05-04. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- Greenaway, Heather (2014-06-01). "STV presenter Kelly-Ann Woodland reveals how celebs put on a perfect face for the cameras". Daily Record. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "i-on Glasgow | January/February 2015 by i-on Glasgow". Issuu.com. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "The Lipstick Lounge.tv". TheLipstickLounge.tv. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
|This Scottish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|