|Full name||Kelly David Robert Brown|
|Date of birth||8 June 1982|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight||111 kg (17 st 7 lb) |
|School||Earlston High School|
|Rugby union career|
|Position||Flanker / Number 8|
Kelly Brown (born 8 June 1982) is a Scottish rugby union player. He was the captain of Scotland's national rugby union team, and plays club rugby for Saracens as a flanker. Brown is also briefly mentioned on Pottermore, in an excerpt written by J.K. Rowling for the website, suggesting that he is in fact a squib – a wizard-born with no magical powers – masquerading as a muggle, alongside Stuart Hogg and Jim Hamilton (rugby union)
Brown made his debut for the Scottish national side on 5 June 2005 in a match against Romania where he scored a try. Brown was in the Scotland squad for the 2007 Rugby World Cup, when he made five appearance (four as substitute), and scored a try in the pool match against Portugal.
He was injured during the 2011 Six Nations campaign while playing for Scotland against England at Twickenham, where he had to be stretchered off after a lengthy pause in play.
On 30 October 2012 it was announced that, after a lengthy injury that ruled him out of the 6 nations, Brown would return to captain Scotland for his 50th cap in the first Autumn test of 2012 against New Zealand.
Kelly Brown married Emily Granfield. They have two daughters, Amber and Leena. Brown's older brother Rowan also appeared for the Scottish Schools rugby team.
- "Player profile – Kelly Brown". Rugby World Cup. Archived from the original on 15 October 2007. Retrieved 2 November 2007.
- "Kelly Brown". Scotland Rugby Team Website. Scottish Rugby Union. Retrieved 24 March 2011.
- Rowling, J.K. "Pottermore". Sony. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "South promise a tough fight". The Herald. Glasgow. 30 September 1998. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- Hadden brings in new faces The Telegraph, 10 January 2007
- Rugby-Border Reivers to be disbanded at end of season Reuters, 27 March 2007
- Brown signs for Glasgow Warriors BBC Sport, 16 May 2007
- "Fiche joueur Brown Kelly". Itsrugby.fr (in French). Archived from the original on 18 October 2007.
- "Saracens secure Glasgow flanker Kelly Brown". BBC Sport. 19 January 2010.
- "Six Nations: England 22-16 Scotland". BBC Sport. 13 March 2011.
- "Saracens' back-row Kelly Brown unveiled as Scotland captain". BBC News. 31 October 2012.