||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
28 September 1975
|Spouse(s)||Tom Cates (m. 2007)|
|Relatives||Paul Dalglish (brother)
Lynsey Dalglish (sister)
Lauren Dalglish (sister)
Born in Glasgow, Scotland, Kelly is the eldest of four children of former Liverpool player and manager Kenny Dalglish and his wife Marina. Her brother Paul also had a professional football career. She also has two younger sisters, Lynsey and Lauren.
Cates was a presenter on Sky Sports News, and was part of the presenter line up for Virgin Media's new portal. She interviewed managers and footballers as part of Setanta's Premier League coverage in 2007, and was a presenter on Setanta Sports News.
In May 2010 she presented the sports news on GMTV in the absence of regular host Dan Lobb. Cates then worked as a reporter for ITV at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa as well as for the 2011–2012 UEFA Champions League.
In the Autumn of 2012, Cates presented the six-part Scottish television series Coached Off the Couch for STV.
On 3 August 2016, Sky Sports announced that Cates had rejoined them to present their live coverage of the Sky Bet English Football League.
Cates married her husband Tom in Glasgow in 2007. The couple have two daughters.
- "Cates returns for EFL coverage". Isleworth: Sky Sports. 3 August 2016.
- "ITV Media". ITV Media. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- Ladyman, Ian (14 September 2011). "dailymail.co.uk". Daily Mail. London.
- "Kelly Cates – Meet the Team – London 2012 Paralympics – Channel 4". Channel 4 Paralympics. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Football League Tonight: See Scunthorpe United on TV tonight". Scunthorpe Telegraph. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Kelly Cates reveals how landing top TV job as a football presenter has thrilled her famous dad Kenny Dalglish". Daily Record. 24 July 2015. Retrieved 18 August 2016.