Kelly Le Brock
|Kelly Le Brock|
LeBrock in 2014
March 24, 1960 |
New York City, U.S.
|Other names||Kelly LeBrock|
|Years active||1976–2007, 2013–present|
|Children||Annaliza Kelly Seagal (b. 1987)
Dominic San Rocco Seagal (b. 1990)
Arissa Montana Seagal (b. 1993)
Kelly Le Brock (born March 24, 1960) is an American actress and model. Her acting debut was in The Woman in Red, co-starring comic actor Gene Wilder. She also starred in the films Weird Science, directed by John Hughes and Hard to Kill, with Steven Seagal.
Le Brock was born in New York City but was brought up in London, United Kingdom. She is the daughter of a French-Canadian father, who owned a quicksilver mine and opened The General Thurber Inn, a three-star Michelin restaurant in Rouses Point, New York. Kelly's Irish mother, a former model, was the owner of fine antiques stores in London. Le Brock spent her early school days in Buckinghamshire, England; and Lewes, Sussex (1969–76). At the age of 16, Le Brock returned to New York and started her career as a high-fashion and beauty model.
Le Brock began her career as a model at age 16. She went on to appear on numerous magazine covers and in fashion spreads, including an exclusive Christian Dior campaign, and became one of Eileen Ford's most sought-after models. She also gained notoriety as the Pantene shampoo commercial spokeswoman, whose line, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" became a pop culture catchphrase.
Le Brock was cast as the "perfect" or "fantasy" woman in films such as The Woman in Red (1984) and Weird Science (1985). As a result, she was considered one of the sexiest women in Hollywood in the 1980s. In 1990, she starred opposite her then-husband, Steven Seagal, in Hard to Kill. Le Brock also appeared in Betrayal of the Dove (1993), Tracks of a Killer (1995), and Hard Bounty (1995).
She had roles in the films Wrongfully Accused (1998), The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2002), Zerophilia (2005), and Gamers: The Movie (2006). Le Brock says that she is hoping to get back into acting. She has appeared in four films since 2000, as well as a thriller entitled Hidden Affairs, released in 2013.
Her first marriage was to film producer and restaurateur Victor Drai, in 1984; they divorced in 1986. She then was married to action star Steven Seagal from 1987 to 1996, from which three children were born — Annaliza (b. 1987), Dominic (b. 1990), and Arissa (b. 1993).
After the death of her brother, Harold, in 2008, Le Brock decided to devote her time to the terminally ill. In 2011, she was listed as the celebrity spokesperson for "Club Carson", whose members are children suffering from cancer.
- The Woman in Red (1984) — Charlotte
- Weird Science (1985) — Lisa
- Hard to Kill (1990) — Andrea Stewart
- Betrayal of the Dove (1993) — Una
- David Copperfield (1993) (TV) — Clara (voice)
- Tracks of a Killer (1995) — Claire Hawkner
- Hard Bounty (1995) — Donnie
- Wrongfully Accused (1998) — Lauren Goodhue
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2002) — Morgana
- Zerophilia (2005) — woman in RV
- Gamers: The Movie (2006) — Angela's Mom
- The Mirror (2007) — Mary Theophilu
- Prep School (2009) — Miss Waters
- 10 Days in a Madhouse (2015) — Miss Grant
- A Prince for Christmas (2015) — Queen Ariana
- Hidden Affairs (slated for 2016)
- "Where Are They Now? Kelly LeBrock" Comedy Central.co.uk Archived January 14, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Cross A Doll, A Computer-Kelly Le Brock LA Times
- "Printable Biography of Kelly LeBrock" All American Speakers web site
- "1980s Pantene Commercial Don't Hate Me... " YouTube
- Kelly LeBrock: '80s Sex Symbol Out of Hiding Mark Deming, Yahoo! Movies – web posted: August 28, 2013.
- Bio at IMDb
- "Kelly LeBrock is still a Woman in Red 27 years on" September 2, 2011, Daily Mail
- Kelly LeBrock New York Times
- "Kelly Lebrock - About This Person - Movies & TV - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved October 31, 2011.
- "Join Kelly Lebrock, the Woman In Red, Honorary Host, Autism Vancouver" Autism Today.com