Kelly Le Brock
|Kelly Le Brock|
March 24, 1960 |
New York, New York, United States
|Other names||Kelly LeBrock|
|Years active||1976–2007, 2013|
Kelly Le Brock (born March 24, 1960) is an American actress and model. Her acting debut was in The Woman in Red co-starring with comic actor Gene Wilder. She also starred in the films Weird Science, directed by John Hughes, and Hard to Kill, with Steven Seagal.
Le Brock was born in New York City, but brought up in London, United Kingdom. She is the daughter of a French-Canadian father who owned a quicksilver mine and opened The General Thurber Inn, a three-star Michelin restaurant in Rouses Point, New York. Kelly's Irish mother, a former model, was the owner of fine antique stores in London. Le Brock spent her early school days in Buckinghamshire, England and Lewes, Sussex (1969-1976). At the age of 16, Le Brock returned to New York and started her career as a high fashion and beauty model.
Le Brock began her career as a model at age 16. She went on to appear on numerous magazine covers and in fashion spreads, including an exclusive Christian Dior campaign, and became one of Eileen Ford's most sought-after models. She also gained notoriety as the Pantene shampoo commercial spokeswoman whose line "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" became a pop-culture catchphrase.
Le Brock was cast as the "perfect" or "fantasy" woman in films such as The Woman in Red (1984) and Weird Science (1985). As a result, she was considered one of the sexiest women in Hollywood in the 1980s. In 1990, she starred opposite her then-husband, Steven Seagal, in Hard to Kill. Le Brock also appeared in Betrayal of the Dove (1993), Tracks of a Killer (1995), and Hard Bounty (1995).
She had roles in the films Wrongfully Accused (1998), The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2002), Zerophilia (2005), and Gamers: The Movie (2006 film). Le Brock says that she is hoping to get back into acting. She has appeared in four films since 2000, as well as a thriller entitled Hidden Affairs— released in 2013.
Her first marriage was to film producer and restaurateur, Victor Drai, in 1984; they divorced in 1986. She then was married to action star Steven Seagal from 1987 to 1996, from which three children were born — Annaliza (b. 1987), Dominic (b. 1990), and Arissa (b. 1993).
After the death of her brother, Harold, in 2008, Le Brock decided to devote her time to the terminally ill. She currently is the celebrity spokesperson for "Club Carson", whose members are children suffering from cancer.
- The Woman in Red (1984) — Charlotte
- Weird Science (1985) — Lisa
- Hard to Kill (1990) — Andrea Stewart
- Betrayal of the Dove (1993) as Una
- David Copperfield (1993) (TV) — Clara (voice)
- Tracks of a Killer (1995) — Claire Hawkner
- Hard Bounty (1995) — Donnie
- Wrongfully Accused (1998) — Lauren Goodhue
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2002) — Morgana
- Zerophilia (2005) — Woman in RV
- Gamers (2006) — Angela's Mom
- The Mirror (2007) — Mary Theophilu
- Hidden Affairs (slated for 2014)
- 10 Days in a Madhouse (2015) — Miss Grant
- "Where Are They Now? Kelly LeBrock"[dead link] Comedy Central.co.uk
- Cross A Doll, A Computer-Kelly Le Brock LA Times
- "Printable Biography of Kelly LeBrock" All American Speakers web site
- "1980s Pantene Commercial Don't Hate Me... " YouTube
- Kelly LeBrock: '80s Sex Symbol Out of Hiding Mark Deming, Yahoo! Movies - web posted: 28 August 2013.
- Bio at IMDb
- "Kelly LeBrock is still a Woman in Red 27 years on" 2 September 2011, Daily Mail
- Kelly LeBrock New York Times
- "Kelly Lebrock - About This Person - Movies & TV - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-10-31.
- "Join Kelly Lebrock, the Woman In Red, Honorary Host, Autism Vancouver" Autism Today.com