|Beauty pageant titleholder|
December 27, 1979
Greenville, South Carolina, U.S.
|Title(s)||Miss Golden Corner 2002
Miss South Carolina 2002
|Miss America 2003 (Top 15)|
Kelly McCorkle Parkison, (born December 27, 1979) held the title of Miss South Carolina 2002 and placed in the Top 15 at the Miss America 2003 Pageant held on September 21, 2002 in Atlantic City, NJ. She also competed in the Amazing Race 7 with then boyfriend Ron Young and placed 3rd overall.
She competed at Miss South Carolina 2002 as Miss Golden Corner and was both a Preliminary Swimsuit and Preliminary Talent winner. This was her third try at the Miss South Carolina title. She was a 23-year-old cum laude graduate of North Greenville College, who was working as spokesperson, at the time that she won the Miss South Carolina title. Her platform was Learning Disabilities, which she chose because she had a learning disability and was told that she would never graduate from high school or go to college. Her talent was Lyrical Ballet. She placed in the Top 15 at the Miss America 2003 pageant. McCorkle is the half-sister of Courtney Cisson, Miss South Carolina's Outstanding Teen 2008.
The Amazing Race
In 2004, she competed on the Amazing Race 7 with her boyfriend Ron Young, a former Iraq War POW. They met after Ron was rescued by the United States Marines and during her reign as Miss South Carolina 2002. They had been dating ever since. At the time of the Amazing Race, she had been working as a Legislative Correspondent. They decided to compete in the Amazing Race because they wanted to experience adventure. They ended up staying on the show until the very end, placing 3rd overall. They broke up after the Amazing Race 7 was done filming.
- "Former Queens: Miss South Carolina 2002". Miss South Carolina Organization. Retrieved July 30, 2010.[dead link]
- "Kelly McCorkle Biography". American Entertainment International Speakers Bureau. Retrieved July 30, 2010.
- "Miss South Carolina 2002's Official Miss America Bio". Miss America Organization. Retrieved July 30, 2010.
- "My Lil' Sis". THE PARKISON FAMILY. May 1, 2007. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- "The Amazing Race Cast - Ron and Kelly". CBS. Retrieved July 30, 2010.
- Sellers, Andrea (April 27, 2005). "'The Amazing Race 7' couple Ron Young and Kelly McCorkle finish last, but still win". Reality TV World. Retrieved July 30, 2010.
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|