This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kelly Minter (born September 23, 1975) is a Christian worship leader, author, speaker, songwriter, and musician. The daughter of a pastor, Minter grew up in Northern Virginia and as a teenager was more interested in sports than music. When she was a senior in high school, Minter was offered and then lost a college basketball scholarship. To help her recover from that disappointment, Minter started playing the guitar.
In 1999 she headed to Nashville, Tennessee. Then in 2001 she started her career as a recording artist with her major-label debut, Good Day. Her next album, the 2003 Wrestling with Angels included the song “This Is My Offering,” which climbed to number one on the charts. After the 2003 album, Minter ended management and record ties and, eventually, began leading worship in churches, which she still does. Additionally, Minter leads worship and speaks at various events, including the Kingsway worship conference in England and the LifeWay Christian Resources After Eve event. She recently began teaching from the Christian Standard Bible.
Minter has toured with various Christian artists, including Sonicflood, Bebo Norman, and Watermark. She counts Margaret Becker her mentor in the music industry. Songs Minter has written have been recorded by Point of Grace, Joy Williams, Sonicflood, Sandi Patty, and Margaret Becker.
Minter is also a writer and author. She recently wrote a teen Bible study called Hannah’s One Wish and authors a Bible study series with LifeWay Christian Resources called "The Living Room Series," most recently "All Things New." No Other Gods, a Bible study and the first title in that series, was released in August 2007. She also wrote a longer book under the title No Other Gods title, released in 2008.
- Water Into Wine: Hope for the Miraculous in the Struggle of the Mundane (2004) ISBN 1-57856-797-1
- No Other Gods: Confronting Our Modern-Day Idols (2007) ISBN 1-4158-5256-1
- Hannah's One Wish: A Bible Study for Teen Girls (2007) ISBN 1-4158-5254-5
- No Other Gods: Confronting Our Modern Day Idols (2008) ISBN 0-7814-4897-2
- Ruth: loss, love & legacy (2009) ISBN 978-1415866931
- Nehemiah: A Heart That Can Break (2012) ISBN 978-1-4158-7342-7
- What Love Is: The Letters of 1, 2, 3 John (2014) ISBN 9781430031550
- All Things New: A Study on 2 Corinthians (2016) ISBN 9781430055044
- Wheels Of Change • Independent, 1997
- Good Day • Word, 2001
- Wrestling the Angels • Cross Driven Records, 2003
- Love Divine • Kingsway, 2007 • multi-artist CD
- Live at the Abbey • Kingsway, 2007, multi-artist CD & DVD
- Finer Day • Kingsway, 2008
- Loss, Love, and Legacy • Lifeway, 2009
- Trouten, Lis (May 1, 2001). "Opening Acts: Get to Know Kelly Minter" (PDF). CCM Magazine. p. 34. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 4, 2016. Retrieved December 12, 2015.
- LifeWay Christian Resources: The Living Room Series
- ChristianMusic.com Wrestling the Angels review
- ThoughtQuotient.com interview