This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
November 17, 1956|
San Diego, California, United States
|Occupation||Actor, voice director|
Annette Foster (m. 1977)
|Relatives||Kirby Ward (brother)|
Kelly Ward (born November 17, 1956) is an American actor and voice director for television animation. He is most famous for his role as T-Bird Putzie in Grease (1978).
Ward was born in San Diego. He is the son of Don and Bonnie Ward, who have been active in theatre in San Diego for decades. His brother is the actor Kirby Ward.
He first gained national attention as a character in the television film The Boy in the Plastic Bubble, which starred John Travolta as the title character. The role began a short acting career for Ward; when Travolta was cast in the 1978 film Grease, Ward was cast as Putzie, a character created especially for the film. Ward mostly stopped appearing on-camera in 1983; he continues to work in the entertainment industry.
Kelly Ward is actively working as a voice director for Disney Television Animation. He has voice directed Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and many more.
Ward also teaches musical theatre at the University of Southern California.
- GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords (1986) – Fitor (voice)
- Challenge of the GoBots (1984) – Fitor (voice)
- Magnum, P.I. (TV series)
- "The Big Blow" (1983) – Lou Blassingame
- Quincy M.E. (TV series)
- "Next Stop, Nowhere" (1982) – Skip
- Into the Murdering Mind (1982) – Glenn Werner
- Bret Maverick (TV series)
- "The Not So Magnificent Six" (1982) – Willie Trueblood
- Zoot Suit (1981) – Thomas 'Tommy' Roberts
- The Big Red One (1980) – Pvt. Johnson, 1st Squad
- M*A*S*H (TV series)
- "Dear Uncle Abdul" (1979) – Dave
- The Waltons (TV series)
- "The Violated" (1979) – Frank Thatcher
- Grease (1978) – Putzie
- Deadman's Curve (1978 TV movie) – Billy
- CHiPs (TV series) – Doug
- The Boy in the Plastic Bubble (1976 TV movie) – Tom Shuster
- The Note Hunter: The Case of the Haunted Swamp (The Cases of The Note Hunter Book 1)