|Hubs||Kelowna International Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Hamilton Airport|
|Parent company||Barry Lapointe Holdings Ltd.|
|Headquarters||Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada|
KF Cargo (formerly Kelowna Flightcraft Air Charter) is a cargo airline based in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. It operates long term cargo charters for couriers and freight companies, forest fire patrols and aircraft sales and leasing in Canada and worldwide. It also provides maintenance and aircraft manufacturing services.
KF Cargo is a subsidiary company of KF Aerospace, which was established as Kelowna Flightcraft on 20 March 1970 and the cargo subsidiary was established and started operating in June 1974. It is wholly owned by Barry Lapointe Holding.
KF Cargo operates air cargo services to the following destinations: Kamloops, Kelowna, Calgary, Prince George, Vancouver, Victoria and Winnipeg, also there is air cargo service from Miami to Caracas, Lima, Bogotá and Valencia in South America.
As of August 2015 the KF Cargo fleet includes:
|Boeing 737-300F||1 ||0||1|
|McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30/F||2||2||4|
Accidents and incidents
- On 22 July 2008, Boeing 727 C-GLKF Operated by Kelowna Flightcraft for Purolator Courier sustained minor damage during a bounced landing at Hamilton Airport. .
- On 13 January 1999, Douglas DC-3C C-GWUG crashed into Mount Parke, Mayne Island while on a domestic cargo flight from Vancouver International Airport to Victoria International Airport. Investigation revealed that the flight was being operated under Visual Flight Rules at night, in contravention of Canadian Aviation Regulations.
- On 14 May 1997, Convair 580 C-GKFO Operated by Kelowna Flightcraft. Departed Hamilton Airport. Aircraft was dispatched with the elevator trim operating in reverse. TSB Report A97O0077.
- On 9 July 1981, Howard 500 C-GKFN (cn 500-107), operated by Kelowna Flightcraft for overnight freight operations, crashed shortly after take off from Toronto International Airport. Fatalities: 3 crew.
- On 7 September 1976, Douglas C-47 C-GKFC was destroyed by fire after an emergency landing near Brockett, Alberta. All 26 people on board escaped. The aircraft was on a domestic non-scheduled passenger flight from Vernon Airport, British Columbia to Lethbridge Airport, Alberta.
- Flight Schedule
- "KF Cargo launches Miami freighter services to South America 19 / 04 / 2016".
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2016): 9.
- "C-GWUG Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 25 June 2010.
- "AVIATION INVESTIGATION REPORT A99P0006" (PDF). Transportation Safety Board of Canada / Bureau de la sécurité des transports du Canada. Retrieved 29 June 2010.
- "ASN Aircraft accident: Howard 500 C-GKFN Toronto International Airport (YYZ)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "C-GKFC Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kelowna Flightcraft.|