Kelsey-Lee Roberts in Busto Arsizio in 2017
20 September 1991|
East London, South Africa
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Updated on 12 April 2018.|
Kelsey-Lee Roberts (born 20 September 1991 in East London, South Africa) is an Australian athlete specialising in the javelin throw. She made her international debut at the 2014 Commonwealth Games, finishing 3rd with 62.95m. She competed at the 2015 World Championships in Beijing without qualifying for the final. A back injury in early 2016 disrupted her preparation for the 2016 Rio Olympics and she finished 28th in qualifying.
Roberts had a break out year in 2017. She produced three consecutive personal bests in competitions in Turku, Lausanne and London. At the World Championships, she qualified automatically for the final and finished 10th. Roberts finished the season with 2nd place at the Diamond League Final in Zurich and another personal best of 64.53m.
In 2018, she placed 2nd at the National titles behind Kathryn Mitchell. Roberts threw a new personal best of 64.57m at the Queensland International Track Classic in Brisbane on 28 March.
She is coached by Mike Barber and is based at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra. Her training partner is Para-Athletics World Champion Jayden Sawyer.
|2014||Commonwealth Games||Glasgow, United Kingdom||3rd||Javelin throw||62.95 m|
|2015||World Championships||Beijing, China||20th (q)||Javelin throw||60.18 m|
|2016||Olympic Games||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||28th (q)||Javelin throw||55.25 m|
|2017||World Championships||London, United Kingdom||10th||Javelin throw||60.76 m|
|2018||Commonwealth Games||Gold Coast, Australia||2nd||Javelin throw||63.89 m|
- 2014 CWG profile
- "2018 CWG bio". Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- Kelsey-Lee Roberts profile at IAAF
- Adams, David Polkinghorne, Melissa. "Harnessing the power of her mind". Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "Sunette adds javelin bronze to Team SA medal tally". Daily Voice. Cape Town. 11 April 2018. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Javelin Throw Women - Qualification" (PDF). Retrieved February 7, 2017.
- Dutton, Chris (August 16, 2016). "Olympic Games 2016: Canberra javelin thrower Roberts' Rio campaign ends in tears". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved February 7, 2017.
- "Kelsey-Lee Roberts". GC2018. 11 April 2018. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kelsey-Lee Roberts.|
|This biographical article relating to Australian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|